Chapter 16

I woke up with still in my clothes from last night. I changed into a plane white V-neck and skinny jeans. I put on my black converse and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and there I saw my dad. I didn't say a word.

I just simply grabbed a bowl, a box of Honey Nut Cheerios, and milk. I made myself some cereal with a glass of Ice Tea. Still not saying a word to my father. "Good Morning honey, how did you sleep." My dad said acting like today is a normally day.

I just look at him with an angry face and went back to eating my breakfast. For once I was ignoring my own father, and It felt so good.

I heard a car honking. I knew it was Melanie. I put the bowl in the sink and went outside. Melanie was was out of the car when I walked out the door.

When we saw each other Melanie ran towards me starting to cry. She jumped and hugged me saying, "Thank The Lord that your safe." I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you. I just got so mad. I didn't know how to handle it." I told her. We let got and hopped into her white Volkswagen.

I told Melanie the whole store of what happened. She felt my cheek. "Oh Hope. Can't believe any of this." Melanie said. She put the car in ignition and we left for school.

When we got school Melanie parked the car. When she parked the car we hopped out. As I was grabbing my stuff I felt a hand on my waist. I turned my head and it was Max.

"Hey Babe." he said and he kissed me on the cheek where my bruise was. "Ow!" I said and jumped. "Sorry babe. I forgot it was the cheek." He explained and put his hand gently on my cheek. I wrapped my arms around him. "I'm still not going to give up." He whispered in my ear. We let go of each other and we kissed. It felt the same way as it did the first time. My fingers started to tingle.