Chapter 5

The car was in total silence until Max said, "Does that guy really treat you like that?" I felt a shock go through me. "Yes he does." I told him. "Well I would never treat a pretty girl like that." He replied and then I felt butterflies in my stomach. It felt like if I burp a butterfly will be flying out of my mouth.

"Thanks. I just wish I broke up with from the start." I told him and I told him what George did last night. "Wow. What he really is a jerk." Max told me and I started to blush. I didn't know why I am acting like this. I am so nervous that I was going to say something stupid and make myself look like a fool but he aslo mad me feel safe. He made me protected. But I don't know why.

"So what school do you go to?" He asked. I answered, "Charlotte Central." He had a surprised look on his face. "That's how I know you. You live in my neighborhood. You ride my bus. I was the guy that sat next to you this morning, remember? He told me. Now I remember. He was that guy. I was in so much shock that I felt like I was about to go unconscious. "Wow. That's why you looked so familiar." I told him. I started to feel even more nervous than how I was before.

We were silent for a little while until Max said, "You can drop me off right here." Melanie drove to the side and put the car from Drive to Park. Max and I both got out of the car. "So I guess I will see you around." I said. "Yeah. How about tomorrow at the food court in the mall at 12:00?" He asked. I answered, "that sounds great." Max immediately said, "Awesome! See you tomorrow." he gave me peak on the cheek and walked away. I started to blush really bad. I couldn't believe it. I scored a date with the bad boy.