Chapter 11

It was the last period of the day. I was waiting for that final bell. Everyone was just silent. The only thing I could think about was Max. I really need to talk to him. I need him to explain to me. Finally the bell rang.

I raced out of the class and looked for Melanie. I couldn't find her. I went outside by the schools parking lot. I then saw her walking out of the building.

I took my phone out from my Backpack and I Texted her, I'm by the first row. She then finally found me, "there you are. Are you ready to go?" she asked. I nodded my head. We went to find her car. When we found her car we hopped in and drove to the Teen Club.

As we were driving Melanie asked, "So what are you going to ask him?" I took a deep breathe and looked at her. "I going to ask why my dad thinks he is a shoplifter and what we are going to do to get my dad to let Max date me." I then answered. "What are you going to do if your dad says no?" she questioned. "Easy. In going to keep trying until he says yes." I told her.

When we got to the parking lot it was already five. I got out of the small white car and looked for Max. He was no where to be found. I even looked on the other side of the parking lot. "Where is he?" I asked myself. "Look behind you." a voice called out from behind me. I turned around. It was Max. I ran towards him. I jumped and hugged him.took him a second but he wrapped his arms around me.

When we let go of each other I asked, "Why did my dad say you are a shoplifter?" he paused for a moment. "It's because I used to but I don't anymore." I looked at him. "What about the wheels to the penny board you gave me? My dad said thy were stolen." I questioned him.

"I did pay for them." He answered. He reach in his pocket and took out the receipt. "See." he said. "Could I have that receipt? This will be excellent to use." I told him. He nodded and handed me the receipt. I put the receipt in my pocket.

If he didn't really steal then does that mean my dad lied to me? "Look hope. I really like you and I'm not going to let your dad get in the way. I'm going to try everything I can to be with you." Max told me.

We paused for a moment. We looked deep into each other's eyes. We kept slowly leaning towards my face. He stoked from my cheek to the back of my hair as I he was brushing it. We kept leaning closer and closer until our lips touched. I put my arms around his neck. I lifted my right leg and closed my eyes. It felt like we were standing on a cloud. It was magical.

When we stop we slowly leaned our face away and opened our eye. He leaned his lip towards my ear and whispered, "I won't give up on you." He then walked away. I paused for a moment to savior the moment. Then I ran to Melanie car to get back home. It was seven. "Let's go!" I said and we went to my house. When I got home I saw that my dad wasn't home yet. I said, "thanks for everything." Then I ran inside and straight to my room. I jumped in my bed and thought of that kiss.

A little later that day when my dad came home I went down stairs and asked, "Dad, could I talk to you?" He took his shoes off and said, "Sure sweetie. What about?" we both sat down on the couch. I took the receipt out of my pocket and said, "Max did buy those wheels. Here's the receipt he gave me to prove it" I handed him the receipt. He examined it. "I was not lying. I did go to the store ad they did say that there were stolen wheels like these. I guess that means that it wasn't him." He said. Then who stole them? "Wait you saw Max after I told you not to!" He yelled. "I want to prove he is no longer a thief." I told my dad. He angrily said, "I don't care. If you see him again then you will never leave this house ever again. He is a bad guy and all he will do is play with your feelings!" I looked at him straight in the eyes and yelled, "I want to be with him!" My dad yelled, "Why?!" I then screamed, "It's because I love him." I ran upstairs to my room and I looked the door.