Chapter 8

A few hours later I heard a knock at the door. I went down stairs to see who it is. When I opened the door there was nobody there. I looked downwards and there were the new wheel for my penny board I was about to buy earlier. On top of the one of the wheels there was a note. I unwrapped the note and I saw it was from Max.

Max wrote, "HOPE you like the gift. I was wondering if we could go on a real date. Please check yes or no and slip it into locker 2-034 which is in the freshman hallway tomorrow." At the bottom on the left it said 'yes' with a box on left of it an don the right side it said 'no' with a box on the left of the word. I was so happy. I put a check on the yes and wrapped it up again. I put it in my book bag.

Melanie came over and I told her what happened. "Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you. I'm happy that you found another guy and hopefully he is not like George." She said. "I know but what if George ruins it? He will it stop until he get me back." I told her. "Well I guess we will have to have me be at your date. From a distance and sure that George is no where near you and if he is then I will give you a signal." He explained to me. "Excellent." I replied to her. "Perfect. You just text me when you leave and I'll be there before you give get to wherever you two are going." She plotted. "I should get home. It's going to be dark soon." She said and left.

The next day I got onto the school bus. When I got to school I went straight to that locker. When I got there I took the note out of my book bag. Just before I put into the locker I grabbed my red marker and drew a heart in the yes box. I then put the note into the locker and left for class.