Chapter 13

After school I went back to Max's locker. When I got there he was already there. "Hey Hope." he said then he hugged me. I hugged back and said, "Hey Max." Still hugging me he lifted me up. When he put me down we left go and then Max said, "follow me."

I followed him to the parking lot. We walked down and as we were doing so lots of people were looking at us and smiling. We got to a motorcycle. "This is my bike. I want to take you somewhere." he said.

I went to get on until I realized taut Max and I were holding hands. That's why people were looking and us and smiling. I let go and we hopped on and Max started it up and we left.

He took me to the park. We parked and got off the bike. "Close your eyes." He said. I closed my eyes and I felt him cover them with his hands. We walked somewhere which felt like it was far from the motorcycle. He finally said, "now opened." He took his hands off my face and I opened my eyes.

There was a picnic under a tree. There was a blanket with a big basket on top of it. "Oh my gosh Max. You shouldn't have." I said covering my mouth in surprise.

We sat down and he reached into my the basket and grabbed two grill cheeses and laid them on the blanket. He scooted closer to me. "If this was a first day then how am I doing?" He asked. "I'd say this would be perfect." I answered. He put his arm around and I leaned my head on his shoulder. We looked deep into each other's eyes as if we were trying to hypnotizing each other.

We closed our eyes while leaning towards each other. Our lips were just about to touch. I suddenly felt my arm pull away from Max. I turned and it was my dad. "What did I tell you Hope?" my dad yelled with anger. "We are going home."

Max quickly ran over to my dad and said, "Look, I'm not a thief. I want to prove that I'm and worthy to date your daughter. I need to because I love your daughter sir."

I dad looked at him deep in the eye. He finally said, "If you love my daughter then you'll stay away from her. Because I know you live in the really bad neighbor where people fight and I can tell you have gotten into some fight. So think of this, what if someone want to fight and your with my daughter?" He continued, "get the picture." My dad grabbed my wrist he dragged me to the car.

When we got home he pulled me inside and yelled, "I warned you twice and you still disobeyed me." I said, "That's because I want to be with him dad. I love him." My dad shouted, "look at what he has done to you. You used to be such a good girl and now your disobeying and betraying my trust." He looked at him. "When will you stop babying me?"

I screamed. "When you forget about that Max kid." He yelled. I was so angry, so frustrated that I screamed, "I hate you." I ran out and got on my bike and drove as fast as I can. I was running away.