Chapter 15

When we got my house I got off of Max's motorcycle and headed for the door. "What's the point of being going home when we can't be together." I told Max. "It's better than living in a dumpster." Max said. "I wouldn't love in a dumpster. I would be with you." I insisted.

"No. You would never want to live in a neighborhood like mines." He continued, "My neighborhood is full of thugs and people you don't want to be anywhere near." I said, "It's better than not being with you." He told me, "But then your dad can just track me down and have me arrested for kidnapping. Then we will never see each other." I nodded in agreement. I knocked on the door. I waited a few minutes. My dad opened it.

"Oh thank The Lord your okay." He yelled and gave me a big hug but I didn't hug him back. He saw the bruise. "What happened to you?" My dad asked. He looked and saw Max. "what are you doing here?" my dad questioned while grinding his teeth in anger.

I put my arm in between them and told my dad, "Melanie told him I ran away and he went to look for me. Luckily he found just in time because I ran into George. He saved me and talked me into coming back home. I didn't want to come back but he talk me into it."

My dad saw the anger in my eyes and knew that I meant ever word I said. "What do you mean you didn't want to come back home?" He questioned. I looked at him dead in the eye and yelled in frustration, "I'm tired of you thinking of me as a helpless child. I can make my own choice. But no, I still treat me like a baby. That's why hate you!" I ran upstairs and locked the door. I Laid down on my bed and cried.