Chapter 6

I woke up and went straight to my dresser. I got out a tinker bell sweater and jeans with a white net beanie along with white vans. I went down stairs and grabbed a little white purse. I ran out to my penny board and road off to the mall.

When I got to the mall it was 10 o'clock. I put my penny boarding my backpack. When I look at the door Max was already there. I felt butterflies in my stomach. "Hey Joy. Glad you could make it." He told me. He put his arm around my shoulder. "Glad to be here."

We walked to the ice cream stand. "what would you like? it's on me." He told me. I ordered cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sprinkles and He got the same as me. Did we like the same taste with ice cream? Now the butterflies were here to stay.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" he asked. "No. It's just me and my dad." I answered. He had a shock on his face. "You don't have a mother?" he told me, "Neither do I." I looked at him. He had the same kind of motherless pain that I had. No to lie down in bed with you. Hold you right to her chest. Her singing you a lullaby And wouldn't stop until you were sound asleep. That kind of pain that I'm going through is the same kind of pain he is going through. "It's hard." I told him. He replied, "I know."

When we finished our ice cream he asked me, "what store do you want to go to?" I thought for a second and I said, "follow me." I grabbed his hand and I took him to the a skate boarding store. "Wow. I wasn't expecting this." He said. I looked at him and asked, "what were you expecting?" he said, "A clothing store. Not my kind of place." He like to skate board? Now I started to really like him. "I just need to get some new wheels for my penny board. Just just a a second." I told him and I went to go look at the wheel. He followed me and said, "maybe I could help. I will look over here." He went to look at some clearance area.

As I was looking I heard someone say, "Do you need any help?" I looked up and it was George. "Leave me alone." I demanded. "Can we please talk about this?" he asked. "No because why would I be with someone who work treat me like how you treated me last night." I told him. "Is this guy still bothering you?" Max asked me. "It's you again. What the heck are you doing with my girl?" He asked Max furiously. "Don't you mean your ex-girl. There is a difference and Max is with me." I furiously told George. I reach for Max's hand we I dragged him out.

When we got out of the store I started to tear. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I got to go!" I said and I ran away. I went outside and I road my penny board home. I felt like and idiot. How could I date a guy when wherever I go George will all was be there. I didn't know what to do but cry.