Chapter 21

Ariana

     "Sweetie, take his order please." Flo, my boss from the diner said, pointing to an older man with his grandkids.
     "Right on it." I smiled. I grabbed my notepad and dusted off my apron and walked over to the family. "Hello, what can I get you today?" I smiled, trying to be polite as possible.
     "Small black coffee for me. And the kids breakfast plate for them." He said.
     "Alright." I quickly scribbled down his order.
     "It'll be right up." I smiled, walking away, making my way to the coffee machine. It was 10:30 A.M. on a Sunday and I had never craved coffee more. I breathed in the smell of the fresh black coffee and smiled remembering my mother. Every morning I would wake up to the smell of fresh brewing coffee.
     "Ariana?" Kendall said, making my thoughts disappear.
     "Yeah?" I tipped out some of the coffee that overflowed.
     "Justin is here to see you." She grinned.
     "Okay, I just need to take thi-"
     "I'll take the coffee to the guy. Go talk to your man." Kendall said, grabbing the coffee cup and shimmying away. I laughed at her child-ness. I walked to the counter and saw a smile appear on Justin's face.
     "What are you doing here?" I asked.
     "I wanted to see you in action." He smiled.  
     "You wanted to see me take orders and serve food?" I said, confused.
    "Let's go to a carnival tonight." He said.
     "What's the occasion?" I asked.
     "Nothing. I just want to spend time with my girlfriend." He smiled, making me blush.
     "What time does it start?" I asked.
     "7:30."
     "Pick me up at 7." I smiled, organizing napkin dispensers and ketchup and mustard bottles on the counter. I kissed him goodbye, he didn't want to say goodbye, but I had to work.

***

     "Do you like this one?" Hailey held up a light pink long tank dress.
     "Too casual Hails." Kendall said as Hailey agreed and put it back on the rack.
     We're dress shopping for prom. Well, Kendall and Hailey, I was just sitting and nodding.
     "Justin still hasn't asked you Ariana?" Hailey asked. I shook my head.
     "What a dick." She said, turning to the rack.
     "Prom isn't that big of a deal. It's just a dance." I earned gasps from both of them.
     "Prom is not just a dance. Prom is the night no one forgets. Prom is supposed to be a magical night." Kendall took a seat next to me, doing silly hand gestures.
     "It does sound fun in the movies."
     "It is fun! My mom says so." She said.
     "I guess I'll go. I need to explore new things." I said. They both squealed, making my ears ring.
     "Justin will for sure ask you. You're dating. He is, trust me." Kendall said, making me laugh.

***

     I fell flat onto my bed then decided to write a little in my journal. I didn't know what I was writing about but my hand would just move on its own.

Used to cry 'bout some crazy shit before,
I used to feel so obligated to be so much more,
I used to let some people tell me how to live and what to be,
But if I can't be me, then fucks the point? No...

I don't care about it anymore, oh

Now I laugh about the things that used to be important to me,
Used to have a hold on me, used to have a hold on me,
Like what do you think,
And what he thinks and what they think,
But I love me. . .

I don't care about it anymore, oh

Yeah,
I-I-I don't care about it anymore,

     I write I Don't Care in cursive at the top. This one was definitely one of my favorites.

***

     Justin clasped our hands together as we entered the carnival. Caramel corn and cotton candy filled my nose and laughter of children filled my ears. "What do you want to do?" Justin smiled.
     "Let's go on the roller coaster." I smiled brightly. Justin groaned.
     "I hate roller coasters." He said as his face reddened.
     "Don't be a baby." I teased. He sighed.
    "Come on!" I smiled, running towards the roller coaster. We got in line and I could feel Justin's fear. It was quite funny, if you ask me. "I'll hold your hand. Don't be scared." I laughed.
     "Don't laugh at me." He said, trying to be serious.
     "You laughed at me for talking to you through a journal multiple times. I deserve to laugh at you at least once."
     "True." He grasped my hand.

     We finally got on the ride and Justin was almost on the verge of tears. "Why do you want to go on rides like these?" He said, putting his hands on the handles.
    "I like the adrenaline rush." I said.

     We reached the top, I heard one of the employees counting down from 10. "If I die, tell my mom that I love her." He said, gripping my hand.
     "You're not going to die, Justin." I laughed. The employee reached 1 and suddenly we dropped. Justin's screams filled my ears making me laugh even harder. My hair was flying all over the place. We went upside down, making me smile even bigger. The ride finally came to a stop. Justin let out a sigh of relief as he let go of my hand. We got out of the ride laughing.

     "Your screams were amazing." I laughed.
     "Be quiet." He smiled.
     "Let's go on more calm ride." I said, pointing to the Ferris wheel.
     "Perfect." He said.

     Justin and I laughed and talked as the Ferris wheel goes round and round at a much slower pace than the first ride we went on. "You never told me about your family. Only Jason." I said.
     "I have 2 younger siblings." He said.
     "How come you never told me?" I said.
    "I don't know." He shrugged.
     "I would love to meet them." I said, laying my head on his shoulder.
    "You will," He said, "At prom." He added, making my head shoot up.
     "What?" I said.
     "Come to prom with me." He said.
    "Wait. Really? Me? Ariana Grande?" I said, pointing to myself.
     "Yes. You. Ariana Grande." He laughed.
     "Well, alright. Woooo, let's go to prom!" I danced which made Justin laugh.

     Since we didn't drive, we had to walk home. I didn't mind since I was with Justin and his house is only a couple minutes away.
     "Was that unexpected?" He asked.
     "Yeah." I smiled.
     "Do you still wear the necklace Jason gave you?" I asked. He nodded. We walked in silence for a minute. "I wrote a new thingy."
     "What's it called?" He asked.
    "I Don't Care. It's one of my favorites." I smiled.
     "I can't wait to read it." He kissed my cheek.

//////

I hope you liked Chapter 21 of 'Leave Me Lonely'!

this story is soooo cliche, i swear i can write better than this😂💀but i love how this chapter turned out!!

there's only about 2 more chapters left including an epilogue!

...i deleted 'Best Mistake' because i really hated how it was going, so im sorry if you liked that story but i just didn't enjoy writing it anymore.

stay tuned!
💜💜💜

vote
comment
follow
💭