Chapter 17

Ariana

     "To think that I was wrong, I guess you don't know what you got 'til it's gone, pain is just a consequence of love, I'm sayin' sorry for the sake of us. He wasn't my everything 'til we were nothing, and it's taking me a lot to say, but now that he's gone, my heart is missing something, so it's time I push my pride away, cause you are, you are, you are my everything, you are, you are, you are my everything. . ." I wrote while Justin was sleeping. "I know you're not far but I still can't handle all the distance, you're travelling with my heart, I hope this is a temporary feeling, cause it's too much to bear, without you and I know sorry ain't the cure, if I cross your mind just know I'm yours, cause what we got is worth fighting for cause you are. . . you weren't my everything 'til we were nothing and it's taking me a lot to say, now that you're gone, my heart is missing something so it's time I push my pride away, you are, you are, you are my everything, you are, you are, you are my everything, ou are, you are, you are, you are, you are, you are my everything." I finished writing. Finally I was finished with this poem or whatever it is. "I miss you dad" I wrote on the bottom with a heart. Then I wrote 'My Everything' at the top of the page in cursive. That song was dedicated to my dad.

     I heard Justin stirring in his sleep and I closed my journal shut. He put his head on my shoulder. I sighed. "Justin get off of me." I whispered, pushing his head but failing. "Justin. . ." I whined. I sighed loudly and put my earbuds in and looked out the window.

     20 more minutes left. I can do this. The bus driver was probably going insane because everyone was either singing some Drake song or snoring. Justin woke up and he was talking to Ryan and Chaz behind us. And I was still listening to music, looking out the window, pretending I was in a music video. I looked at Selena and she was doing the same thing. I wondered what she was thinking about.
     "Ariana!" Someone yelled. Hailey.
     "Yeah?" I took out one earbud.
     "We're all rooming together right?"
     I laughed at Kendall sleeping on her legs. "Sure." I smiled. She nodded. I still didn't understand why Hailey is being nice to me.

     "We're here!" Ms. Brooks shouted, making everyone clap and making me jump from my nap in confusion. We got our bags from under the bus and everyone ran to the beach. I on the other hand—want a good room. So I walked to the house that was literally bigger than my houses I have lived in my whole life. I had never been in a beach house or even seen one. I was pretty sure everyone there has. One of teacher unlocked the door and I walked in.
     "Woah." I whispered. This house was huge. I ran upstairs and looked through all of the rooms. I came across one beach inspired room with 3 beds. I set my suitcase on the bed farthest from the door. Why does everyone want to go straight to the beach? Don't they want a good pick on the rooms? I waspretty sure I got the best room in this house. Swimming in the ocean is overwhelming. It's scary and I just don't like it. I would rather swim in a pool. The beach for me is sitting, writing, and maybe getting my feet wet. Should I go out there? Or would it be weird since I'm not going anywhere near that hell they call the ocean?

     I put on my glasses. I walked out of the room and downstairs and walked out the back door that leads to the sand. Everyone was splashing each other or attempting to violently drown each other making the teachers blow their whistles. I saw Kendall and Hailey laughing trying not to get their hair wet. Typical. Where's Justin? Wait where's Selena? I started walking around the beach but they were no where to be found. I didn't want to be a snitch and say 'we lost Justin and Selena'. I walked to a deserted part of the beach and sat in the cold sand. Where could they be? Are they together? Did I go in the house with them? I sighed and laid back looking at the cloudy sky.

     I miss my parents so much. It's unbelievable how much I do. Loosing your parents at a young age is very difficult. No one really understands you. They ask so many questions that you don't feel like answering.
     I sighed and sat up. I got up and walked deeper into the beach, just out of curiosity. I saw a lifeguard house, I didn't remember the name but I ran to it. I heard laughter and stopped in my tracks. Isn't this part of the beach deserted? No one wasn't allowed this far but the teachers never notice me anyways and we are all mostly adults so? More laughter. I walk a little and see the people that are missing from the group. Justin and Selena. What could they be doing? Hooking up possibly?
     "Uh, hi Ari." Justin got up along with Selena.
     "Hi. . . What are you doing?"
     "He's talking to me." Selena smiled, grabbing his hand. He didn't seem to budge. I realized what was going on and my eyes became glossy.
     "Oh, uh—I should get going now." I sped walked to the house. Everyone was inside but I run passed everyone and went to my room.

     "Ariana! Where were you?" Kendall said, cradling my body like a lost child.
     "Kendall I'm fine." I unwrapped her arms which made Hailey laugh.
     "I was walking around the beach because I don't really like swimming in the ocean but I saw Justin and Selena—" I said but got cut off by their gasps.
     "What!" Kendall yelled and dropped the shorts she had in her hand.
     "What else happened?" Hailey said as she got in front of me with Kendall.
     "I think we should just leave it alone."
     "No! Tell us what else happened." Kendall said. I sighed.
     "Well, I asked 'what are you doing' to Justin then Selena said 'he's talking to me' or something like that and then. . ." I sighed, "She held his hand and he didn't even move."
     "What else do we have to do with this boy?!" Kendall put her hands over her head. Hailey sighed and sat.
     "What's wrong with him? And her!" Hailey said.
     "I don't know but we definitely need to stop whatever they think they're doing." I said. Kendall gasped.
     "I think I know why they're messing around again." Kendall said. Hailey gasped.
     "Oh my fuck." She said.
     "What?" I said, clueless. They sighed.
     "Selena is either luring Justin in by saying that she misses him." Kendall whispered. I remembered what Justin told me. Is she pretending to be pregnant to make Justin feel bad that she's doing drugs while carrying a child? Is she that crazy?
     "Or. . . She's pretending to be pregnant." Hailey said. It hit me like when Selena threw a basketball at my face in 8th grade in gym class.

//////

I hope you liked Chapter 17 of 'Leave Me Lonely'! I finally updated... Sorry for not updating. I've been putting a little more work into 'Best Mistake'. I'm really proud of 'Best Mistake' so far, you should go read it... Shameless self promo, but stay tuned!
💜💜💜

vote
comment
follow
💭