Chapter 9

Ariana

2 weeks later

     It was a weird two weeks. Justin and I hung out almost everyday. We went to that same diner everytime we hung out. Kendall and I had been slowly becoming somewhat friends. Keyword: slowly.

     I groaned hitting the snooze button for the 6th time this morning. I put my glasses on and literally crawled to the bathroom. Oh yeah, I finally had gotten new glasses. I think they're really cute. Better than my brown ones. They were clear and modern looking.

     I put my hair in a ponytail and put my bangs back. I started doing my makeup. My liner looked extremely sharp today. Is it too much? Who knows.
     I then realized it was senior pictures today. Not your traditional senior pictures. That was later in the year. But these ones were individual ones and a group picture. I grabbed a old looking oversized red slash burgundy sweatershirt and vintage Chanel bow mom got me when I was 8. I put my sweater on and put the bow in my ponytail. I hade no idea if I should wear the sweatershirt as a dress or regular with pants. I literally started digging through my shoes and I saw black knee high boots. God I needed a female friend. I tried on the boots. Looked kinda cute. I had never been the type to wear heels to school. But Selena and her minions wear them sometimes so why couldn't I? Mom always said to take risks with fashion. I put on light wash denim shorts just in case and pick up my phone then, carefully, walk downstairs. I put my black backpack over my shoulders and grabbed the doorknob then I realized. I couldn't walk to school in these 5 inch heels.
     "Uh Frankie?" I said as I walk into his room.
     "Yeah?" He flipped through channels on the small tv.
     "Do you think I can take your car to school?"
     He sighs.
     "Please Frankie. You know I have my drivers license and I never get to drive a-"
     "Yes you can." He threw me the keys.
     "Thank you so much!"
     "Don't trip in those shoes."

     I arrived to school and people looked at the new car pulling in to school. They probably thought it was a new student, but nope, just lil ol' me.
     I put my phone in my back pocket and placed my backpack on my shoulders and opened the car door, ready for the usual stares. I got out of the car and started walking into school. I heard my heels click against the ground with my head low. I opened my locker and I felt someone staring at me. Not the typical stares I got. Like someone is checking me out. I hear footsteps coming from behind me.
     "Hey." Justin said.
     "Hi." I say turning towards him.
     "You look, so good." He said and looked me up and down. I cleared my throat. "Oh, uh, how are you?" He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. Unnecessary move so I was assuming he was nervous. Why would he be nervous though?
     "Good. How are you?"
     "Great. Really, great."
     I cleared my throat louder then looked around.
     "We- you, should get going to class."
     "Um alright. Bye Justin!" I said quickly, closing my locker and walked to my first period, alone.

Well that was awkward.

6th period

     Pictures were fine, I guess. Justin kept telling me I looked gorgeous, under his breath, but I denied all of it. It was like he didn't want me to know he was saying it.

     We were currently writing an essay in class. No one else was really. Everyone was just sitting with their friends and chatting away. I think I was the only one actually writing. This teacher let us do anything I swear she didn't even care. I felt someone stare at me, again. Then I heard talking.
     "Justin. Justin! Earth to Justin!" His bestfriend Ryan said.
     "Oh uh what?"
     "What are you staring at?"
     "Her." Her?
     "Her? Justin are on something?"
     "No! Who wouldn't stare at her? She's stunning." Who is he staring at?
     "You're definitely high. Is bizzle making a come ba-"
     "Ryan shut your fucking mouth!"
     "Okay, okay, calm down. So you like her?"
     "I don't know. She's just, unexplainable."
     "What the hell does that mean Jay?"
     "I can't explain how beautiful she is."
     "A-"
     "Shut the fuck up Ryan! My gosh!"
     Ryan laughed. Who's A? Ashley? Amber?
     "You have to be kidding Jay."
     "Look at me and tell me she's ugly."
     There was a pause.
     "Okay you got me. She's not bad."
     "She's gorgeous."
     "Aye Jay, you should invite her to the party this Friday."
     "Her? At a party? I've known her for about 2 months and as far as I know she doesn't roll with that crowd."
     "Come on. She's been the schools loser her whole high school career. She needs to let loose." Okay, now I definitely know who they were talking about.
     "You don't know her like I know her."
     "Just do it dude."
     Another pause.
     "Fine."
     "You always listen to me Jay."
     "Fuck you."