Chapter 6

Ariana

     Yes. Ex best friend. Enough said. I opened the crushed paper and it read, "Stay away from Justin slut. -Sel" I instantly rolled my eyes at the note.

Are they even dating?

     The bell rung and I immediately got up and basically ran out the door. "Ariana! Wait up!" Justin yelled from the sea of students in the hallway. I turned around and went in front of me. I gave him a confused look.
     "Hey." He breathed out.
     I smiled.
     "I wanted to ask you something."
     I gestured my head and opened my backpack to get my water bottle.
     "Do you want to hang out with me today, like other than my house?" He asked.
     I literally choke on my water. He wanted to hang out? With me, the schools loser? Justin Bieber and the schools loser hanging out. This didn't sound right. The past four weeks weren't right. What does he want to do with me? I got out my phone.

     "Seriously?" I texted.
     "Yes."
     "Wait. This whole thing seems so weird."
     "What do you mean?"
     "You've been hanging out with me for the past month basically and my question is, why?"
     "I'm not getting your question, Ari."
     "Me, the school loser. You, the schools most popular guy. Us hanging out is not right. What are your friends thinking? Don't you miss hanging out with friends at lunch?"
     "Us hanging out isn't right? How?"
     "It's just not how it's supposed to go. Everyone literally hates me in this school and everyone loves you."
     "That's not true."
     "Justin even the nerds like me hate me."
     "I don't hate you."
     I sighed.
     "Ari, you can be friends with whoever you want to and same goes for me."
     "I don't want it to seem like you need to be my friend."
     "It's not. I want to be your friend, now let's go." He grabbed my wrist, making me stand up.
     "Where are we going?"
     "Hang out, as friends."
     I gave him a faint smile. We got into the car and drove off into an unknown destination. Sounds sketchy but something about Justin makes me feel safe.

     We arrived at some diner. We walked in and sat down in a small booth by the window.
     "Want do you want?" Justin asked.
     "Just a chocolate milkshake and fries." I texted.
     "You sure?" He said.
     I nodded.
     "Hey guys, I'm-" The waitress said. I looked up to see Kylie's older sister, Kendall. I had always liked Kendall. She was a senior like Justin and I. Kylie was always hanging out with seniors, she was that one young girl that hangs out with older people. She was only a sophomore. But Kendall has never bullied me in anyway so I liked her.
     "Oh my god hi Justin!" She grinned.
     "Hey Kenny." He smiled.
     "Hi Ariana." She said, still smiling. She knew my name?
     I waved and smiled.
     "So what would you guys like?" She asked.
     "I'll have a cheeseburger and Ari will have a fries and a chocolate milkshake." Justin said.
     "Coming right up!" Kendall strutted away in her red and white short sleeved shirt and dark wash cuffed jeans and all white adidas. She has always been a trendy fashionista with boys throwing themselves at her, but she was obviously too smart actually get with them. She is probably the nicest girl I've ever met.

     After Justin and I ate our food, we said bye to Kendall and got into the car.
     "Want me to drive you home now?"
     "Yes." I texted. It's 6:46 A.M., who knew what my brothers doing. He nodded and drove off. He dropped me off at the unknown house I gave him the other day and I waited for him to drive off. I say, or text, my goodbye to him and he drove off. I started my 15 minute journey to my actual house.

     I finally made it back to my house. I opened the door and same smell the same cheap cigarette scent. I wrinkled my nose and went upstairs, ignoring my brother on the couch. I went to the bathroom and turn the shower on and took off my clothes and went in the shower. The warm water felt like heaven. I washed my hair and face and got out of the shower. I put on my pajamas and literally hopped into bed. Right as I closed my eyes, my phone lit up.

Justin.

Justin- Goodnight Ari, see you tomorrow:)

I smiled and texted back.

Ariana- goodnight justin

     Why did he make me all smiley? Like a month ago I was slumping through the hallways with puffy eyes and not a single smile on my face. I hadn't gave anyone even a closed mouth smile since 7th grade. A closed mouth smile was all I had been doing but it was good progress. I was actually somewhat smiling again, laughing again. And it was all because of Justin. His presence made me smile. His laugh made me smile. His smile made me smile. The thought of him made me smile. But why?

//////

I hope you guys enjoyed Chapter 6 of 'Leave Me Lonely'! This is like a filler chapter. The next chapter will be longer and more interesting lol. And you'll be seeing a lot more of Kenny soon! Stay tuned!
💜💜💜

like
comment
vote
💭