Chapter 12

Ariana

I rolled over in the bed then I realized there was no one there. I opened my eyes and got up quickly. Where did he go? I heard laughs and voices downstairs. I couldn't downstairs like this, they would think I had sex with him. I walked into the bathroom. I tightened my half up half down pony and slicked back my hair with water and fixed my smudged eyeliner with water and a towel. Okay, I think I look normal. Of course I didn't, I was still in ny party attire but it was good enough.
I walked out of his room and the voices I heard got louder. I walked down two stairs then peeked my head out of the railing. I saw a tall female blonde and brunette, some average height boys. I was seeing Hailey, Kendall, Za, and Ryan. In other words, Justin's bestfriends. I freaked out and ran back upstairs to his bedroom. Where's my phone? I started looking under blankets, pillows, clothes, even under the bed. Nothing. I looked on the chair and there's my purse. But something is out of my purse. It's—my journal! I didn't remember taking it out, I never did, unless I needed to write. Justin wouldn't read it. I was freaking out—all of my deeps thoughts and secrets and those things I write that are like, poems or a verse or something, are in that journal. I stuffed my journal back into my purse grab my phone out. 17%. Nine missed calls from Kendall. Seven messages from Kendall. I forgot to tell her I went home. Hopefully Justin told her that I was okay because I was not even thinking about going down there.

"What do you need again?!" A female voice yelled from behind the closed door. I quickly got under the covers. I opened one eye and held my breath.
"A shirt!" Justin called out.
"Okay!" She yelled back. The door knob twisted. Here goes nothing. The door opened to reveal a wide eyed Kendall. "Ari? What are doing here?" She asked. Then she gasped, "Did he sleep with you? Did he lure you in-"
"No." I said.
"He didn't?" She sat on the edge of the bed.
"He tried, but he was drunk." I sat up.
"Phew. Well that's good. And you should come downstairs, we're having fun." She suggested.
"Oh um, those people don't really like me."
"What do you mean? You're friends with Justin, right?" I nodded. "Well then of course they like you!"
"No, they don't." I got up and sat next to her. "See the thing is, which you're kinda clueless of, is I get bullied, yes senior getting bullied, I know. No one hasn't liked me ever since the 8th grade. And that's why I was always alone—until Justin came along. He made me smile, laugh, and be happy again. Then I met you. You make me smile and laugh. I consider you both really good people and or friends. And I haven't had those in a awhile." I smiled.
"You get bullied? Why? You're great!"
"Long story that I'll tell later. But you should get going downstairs with his shirt."
"Right," She walked to Justin's drawers, "Wait Ari, who bullies you?" Do I rat her sister out?
"Um, well Selena, Gigi, and. . ." I trailed off.
"And who?"
"Well everyone, in general—but those are the main ones."
"What do you mean by everyone? Not everyone can hate you, that's impossible." She grabbed a shirt and faced me.
"Well, uh, they just ignore me, laugh, and make fun of my clothes."
"Make fun of your clothes?" She lifted an eyebrow.
"Yes?"
"Your clothes are amazing. I wish I had your wardrobe." She said, truthfully.
"I wish I had yours." I said. She smiled then her eyes widened.
"Idea!" She squealed and jumped up and down. I sighed then laughed.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Makeover!" She beamed.
"No, no, no I don't need one."
  "I object!" She put her hand up.
"You need to know that you are beautiful. You need confidence!" She smiled, pacing around the room. "And your hair! It'll look gorgeous down."
"No not really, I'm used to, me I guess."
"You've been like this since middle school. We're graduating in June. It's March. It's always time for a change!" She shook my shoulders. 'It's always time for a change'. I said something like that to myself awhile ago.
"You know what, you're right Ken. Let's do it." I breathed out. She clapped her hands smiling.
"Okay, I'll text you everything later." She walked out the door, pointing her index finger at me. I nodded. She blew a kiss and closed the door.