Chapter 3

Ariana

    I woke up with a massive headache. It was probably from the loud music and a smell of cigarettes coming from downstairs. My brother was probably having another party. I looked at my phone and it read 12:36 A.M. Was I asleep for that long? I needed tylenol for this headache. I got out of bed and opened my door. The smell of cigarettes got stronger and the music got louder I couldn't even hear myself think. I crept downstairs and saw people smoking and drinking straight from the bottle. I started getting anxiety from all the people and my headache was getting worse by the smell of everything. I finally made it to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen without anyone seeing me. I got the tylenol and a water bottle and ran back upstairs. The music was still annoyingly loud. I took the 2 pills quickly and get back in bed. My eyes started getting heavy and I quickly fell asleep. I didn't know how over the loud music but I was glad I did.

     I groaned while hitting my alarm. My eyes slowly opened and started stinging from the bright sun. I got up and stretched then went to the bathroom. I did my normal routine and then put my hair in a half up half down. I strictly only wore my hair in a slick back pony. But this day, I wanted to try something new. I usually never tried anything new but I felt good about today for the first time in a very, very long time.
     I nod to myself in the bathroom mirror while I put my glasses on. I went to my closet and pick out a burgundy long sleeve sweater and a black and white plaid peplum skirt. I put the clothes on and smiled at my appearance.

Why do I feel happy today?

     I was not as happy as I would liked to be but still. I smiled at the thought of being completely happy with life. I immediately frowned and shook my head. I looked at my phone, 7:46 A.M. I slipped on my white slip on vans and go downstairs. There was still a faint cigarette scent lingering around and a few alcohol bottles scattered around. I ignored my passed out brother and a few other people and grabbed my backpack and headed out the door.

     I walked into school and saw the usual stares and eye rolls I got from everyone basically. But there was no sign of Slutena's Squad. They were usually waiting for me. I thought it was a bit weird but everyone else thought it wasn't. I held my journal close to my chest with my head down and made it to my locker.
      I took out my English textbook and started walking to 1st period. But I was stopped by someone familiar saying, "Hey." I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly. And it was Selena and her little minions. Why now?
     "Where's the basic ponytail you always wear?" Gigi said. I shrugged my shoulders, not making any eye contact.
     "Do you think if you change your hairstyle you think everyone would like you?" Selena put her hand over her chest. I looked up and shook my head. "Well good because no one will ever like you. Not even your own family." I felt tears flood the rim of my eyes.

Don't cry Ariana. Don't cry. Don't cry. Please don't.

     They took off laughing once they saw my eyes glistening. I felt horrible. I was standing there. Taking in what she just said. That was not true. My parents loved me. They told me everyday. My thoughts got interrupted by the bell. I started walking to my first period and sat down in the way back.

     The lunch bell just rang so I walked to my usual lonely table. I picked up my black ballpoint pen and started writing in my journal. I felt someone staring at me. Not like all the usual stares I got. This one felt familiar. I looked up and sitting across the table is, Justin. My heart immediately dropped as if I was on a roller coaster. "Hi." He gave me a faint smile. I gave him the smallest smile back. I ripped out a piece of paper from my journal and write, "What are you doing here? Not to be rude or anything." And gave my ballpoint pen along with the piece of paper to him. This time he didn't write anything.
     "I just wanted to see you." He passed the paper back to me.
     "Why?" I wrote and passed the paper to him.
     "I don't know. How are you doing?"
     "Fine." I wrote. He looked at the paper then back at me. Back at the paper then at me.
     "You look really pretty today." He said.
     "Thank you but not really." I wrote and passed the paper back to him.
     "You really do. Gorgeous actually. And where's the infamous ponytail?" I blush more than I already am.
     "Haha, and I wanted to try something new today I don't know." I wrote.
     "Well it looks great. Why don't you wear your hair down? I'm sure it'll look beautiful."
     "Thanks. My mom always used to say 'If your hair is slick back then people will think your sophisticated and classy'. Just something to remind me of her." I wrote. He giggled. Gosh his giggle is so cute.
     "You're cute. But can you talk to me?" He smiled. I looked down and smiled.
     "Not now. I don't feel comfortable yet."
     "Why not?"
     "I haven't talked to someone in a long time and I'm afraid I might say the wrong thing."
     "Well whenever you're ready to speak I'm here." Was he really waiting for me to be comfortable around him? Was waiting to lure me in and have sex with me? Was he actually trying to be my friend?
     "Why do you want to be my friend so badly?"
     "You just seem cool and friendly."
     "Oh well thank you for taking time out of your day just to talk to me. I'm not used to that." I wrote.
     "Get used to it." He winked, making me blush, putting a grape in his mouth and smiling. I smiled back. He checked his phone and said, "Well it's 12:48 right now so do you want me to walk you to class?". I gave him a confused look then wrote on the back of the written on paper from my journal, "Uh sure." He threw away his lunch and I grabbed my belongings. I took a look at his appearance. He was wearing a Metallica vintage looking t shirt, black jeans, and black slip on vans. He looked really good.

     We reached our class and we sat in our seats. Justin sat next to me. In the back, where I always sit to avoid answering questions and stuff. No one ever sat next to me. That day just seemed so new and unreal.

//////
I hope you liked Chapter 3 of 'Leave Me Lonely'! I really like Ari's outfit in this lol. But jariana will soon rise...stay tuned!
💜💜💜

like
comment
vote
💭