Chapter 16

Ariana

     I opened my eyes to the sun beaming through the window and my annoying phone telling me to get up. I crawled out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I looked like a complete mess. My natural curly hair in a bun that looked like a rats nest. The bags under my eyes were darker than night. I brushed my teeth and straightened my hair. I sighed, putting my hair in a slick back pony. I started doing my makeup.

     Feedback by Kanye West started playing loudly from my phone, making me gasp and drop my eyeliner brush. "Fuck." I whispered and picked the brush up and put it on the counter. I answered my phone making the song cut off.
     "Good morning Ari." Justin said, through the phone.
     "Morning." I sighed.
     "Ken and I will be there in about an hour, alright?" He said.
     "Alright."
     "Are you having a rough morning?"
     A big smile crept on my face.

"Rough morning?" A familiar male voice said. I looked up and almost lost my shit. There he was, the schools fuckboy, Justin Drew Bieber.

     The first time we spoke. "Ariana?" Justin said, making me go back into reality.
     "Oh uh—yeah I guess." I say.
     "It'll be better once I get there." I could hear the smirk in his voice.
     "Don't flatter yourself Bieber." I said.
     He chuckled, "I'll see you later Ari."
     "Later." I said as I hung up. I put my phone down and walked my closet. Kendall gave me some 'fashion tips' the other day when she gave me a 'makeover'. I cringed at the word 'makeover'. I grabbed a crotchet top with fringy things and light wash lace shorts. I took off my pajamas and put the top and shorts on. "Cause I never knew, I never knew..." I sang softly looking at my hair accessories on my vanity. I picked out blue bandana and tied it in a bow at the front of my head. I put on beloved white vans and went downstairs with my journal, ballpoint pen, small light pink suitcase, black purse, and phone. I was somehow holding all of those items with out dropping it. I texted Frankie, "leaving to Malibu for a school trip. be back in a week." We didn't really say I love you or Miss you already type of stuff to each other.

     I sat on the my old but somewhat still comfy couch and rested my eyes. How did my life lead to this? I was a mute nerdy girl who canceled out everything and everyone. Now I was a much more talkative person. And I smiled and laughed more. A couple months ago I was slouching, my head hung low in the hallway at school. Now I sit up straight, I keep my head high. Kendall said 'you can see the confidence in you when you walk' which made me laugh. Ding! Ding! The doorbell rung. I got up and opened the door to a smiley Justin and Kendall. I invited them in.
     "So, are you excited?" Kendall said.
     "Sure."
     "Have more enthusiasm Ari." I rolled my eyes playfully. She giggled and went to the kitchen. Justin walked over to me.
     "I see that you're wearing the glasses that I love." He said. I giggled as my cheeks reddened. "Oh, sorry about my house it's—sorta embarrassing." I said, awkwardly.
     "Embarrassing? It's nice for you and your brother." He said, glancing around.
     "The smell isn't amazing. It's smells like a literal frat house." I said. He chuckled.
     "Ariana where are your cups?" Kendall shouted from the kitchen.
    "Left to the microwave." I shouted back. "Do you want anything to drink?" I asked Justin.
     "No but thank you."
     "Okay."
     "Alrighty y'all lets go!" Kendall yelled as she came into the living room, making Justin and I laughed. I grabbed my suitcase and purse and we all went out the door. I put my suitcase in the trunk of his car. Kendall reached for the back seat door handle.
     "Don't you want shot gun? Like you always do? You literally pushed Hails to the ground to get it." Justin chuckled.
     "Nope someone else would want it." Sge smirked and got into the back seat. I looked at Justin confused and he laughed. He opened the door for me and I got in. Justin jogged to the drivers side which made his blonde hair bounce up and down. I smiled at his cuteness.
     "Y'all ready for Malibu?" He put the car in ignition. Kendall and I put our hands up and cheered, making Justin laugh.
    "I hate how we have to go to school and take a bus." Kendall pouted.
     "They probably think we aren't going to show up if we didn't."
     "True." Justin agreed. Kendall nodded her head and looked out the window.

     We arrived at school and all of the seniors were outside sitting and chatting with their friends. We all got our suitcases and walked to the tables where everyone was sitting. "Okay seniors, are you ready for a week in Malibu?" Ms. Brooks smiled. Everyone cheered and I looked at Justin and Kendall gave them small smiles. "Make sure you all have your roommates already picked out." She said.
Kendall looked at Justin and I wide eyed.
     "What?" Justin asked.
     "Where's Hails?" She asked. Right on cue, Hailey came running towards us with her suitcase behind her and her blonde hair in a high ponytail waving back and forth.
     "Hailey Baldwin. . ." Ms. Brooks gave her the side eye.
     "Why are you late?" She asked.
     "I... woke up... late." She panted, making everyone laugh. Her face reddened. Now she knows what it feels like for everyone to laugh at you.
     "Anyways, so let's get everyone on the buses and have fun!" She clasped her hands. Everyone cheered and got up, grabbing their things and heading for the buses. Everyone put their suitcases and some belongings in the bottom of the bus. We got into the bus and Justin leaders the way to our seats. I saw that he's taking us the back. Which I despise.
     "Justin why are we going to the back?" I whispered.
     "Because it's fun back here."
     "Yeah because sweaty kids throwing paper airplanes is so fun!" I said, sarcastically. He chuckled. "Well I want a window seat."
     "Okay." He laughed. I sat down and looked out the window. Thank goodness I brought my purse—and a blanket. It was weirdly cold on the charter bus. I saw Hailey and Kendall sit next to each other across from Justin and I in the reflection of the window. Justin sat down.
     "So how was your rough morning?" A huge smile appeared on my face but I covered it with my blanket, making Justin laugh. I uncovered my mouth and looked down still smiling. I looked up at him and smiled more.
    "What you said, reminds me of the first time we met." I said.
     "I didn't think about that." He smiled. I laughed and looked out the window. Suddenly everyone's voices stopped. I looked up but couldn't see because I took my glasses off when I sat down. It looked like a female figure. I squinted and try to see but failed. I took my glasses out of my purse and put them on. I looked up to saw someone I would expect to see ever again. I looked to Kendall and Hailey. Their mouths were open and wide eyed. "What is she doing here?" I whispered to Justin.
     "I have no clue." He whispered back.
     "Selena Gomez. . . you are very late. Why is that?" A teacher asked.
     "I had some things to take care of." She looked at Justin and rubbed her stomach. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Justin.
     "Uhh..." I looked at Kendall. She looked just as surprised and confused as I do. Selena sat down in the front of the bus—by herself. That used to be me. "Alright students, let's get this show on the road!" The teacher said, making everyone cheer—except for Justin, Kendall, Hailey, and I. This is going to be a long trip...

//////

I hope you liked Chapter 16 of 'Leave Me Lonely'! I decided to add Selena back. This Malibu trip will be drama, drama, drama... Stay tuned!
💜💜💜

like
comment
vote
💭