8 things

8 things I wish someone would have told me about recovery.

1. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. Recovery isn't some game, you are going to have to work at it.
2. Nothing will get better right away. You can't expect to wake up one day and have everything be perfect.
3. There will still be days when you wake up and want to die. There will still be days where anxiety will shake through your veins. There will be days when your expanding waist will make you cry.
4. You will learn to make the little things count. On days when you are just able to barely get out of bed you will feel like you can move mountains.
5. And you know what ? You can move mountains, because you are so much stronger than you think. You are capable of so much.
6. Some days will seem like the end of the world. Forcing yourself to smile will feel like breaking every bone in your body at once but it will get easier.
7. There will be days where you won't want to recover. Someone will ask you if you want to get better and you will say "Holy shit, no thank you. " And that is totally normal. Change is scary.
8. For so long you have lived in this place so void of light. Darkness has made it's  home inside your bones, it's time to let the light in.