Chapter Thirty Six

Radhika's pov

I was leaving tomorrow. I couldn't think of any more reasons to stay. I thought Rishabh might want me to stay but rather he's helping me move like there's nothing more important in his life than to see me move. It's frustrating and heartbreaking at the same time.

I was labeling the boxes when I heard the door open. I was expecting Rishabh but i was rather surprised to see the person in front of me.

"Chhaya? What do you want?" I asked in a normal tone

"You bitch" she yelled

"Excuse me?" I frowned at her accusation

"What is it in you that my husband can't get you out of his system. Why is he so obsessed with you that he cannot see all the efforts I've been doing. Yes I made a mistake years ago but I'm trying so hard to undo those mistakes but he doesn't care. His admiration for you is intruding. I want him in my life but you wouldn't let that happen, would you?!"

"I'm not the boss of him. If he doesn't want is because of what you did. You left him when he needed you the most for money. You broke his heart and your marriage and I've nothing to do with that. Honestly, I don't care about you or your master plan to get Rishabh back. I've much more important things in life other than sabotaging your life."

"Oh please! Don't act like a saint. You care enough to come running as soon as you heard he needs you but it doesn't matter now. You're leaving him and I'm here after you leave. I'll make sure he's okay without you. I'm going to erase every single memory of you. I'll have him all be myself" she smirked

"You know I wasn't very sure about this moving away thing from the beginning and I kept finding reasons why I should stay but I couldn't but now I've found one. I'm going to stay because you won't like it. I'm going to stay because I'm not letting a soul sucking person like you anywhere near him. I don't care about anything but I'm not going let you crawl your way back to Rishabh's life and make him miserable again. Thank you for giving me a reason to stay" I smiled at sweetly. Her face was full of rage. She was furious after hearing everything. If looks could kill, I would've been dead by now.

She raised her hand to slap me but I caught it mid way. "Yup. Never ever do that again." I shoved her hand and she took a step back.

"You kn-"

"Chhaya!" I heard a familiar voice and I knew who that voice belongs to.

"Rishabh.." she trailed as she looked at him dumbfounded "It isn't what it looks like. I was just saying you know..."

"I've heard enough. I suggest you leave before I call the security to escort you out" Rishabh replied in a stern voice.

"Ris-"

"Leave now" he almost shouted which was enough to make her leave but obviously after giving me a dirty look.

Rishabh came upto me and held me close "You okay?" His tone was soft unlike the one he used with Chhaya and laced with concern.

"I'm okay. It's okay"

"I heard what you said about not leaving"

"Yeah. That thing is..." I trailed off not knowing how to explain my sudden change of plans.

"Thank God. I don't want you to leave. I never wanted you to leave. It sucked when you left and the thought of you leaving again sucks too. I'm sorry I'm such a wuss. I wanted to stop you and tell you about my feelings but I just didn't and there's no reasonable explanation for that other than I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot for not knowing how important you're to me. I'm an idiot for not realizing how much I need you in my life. I'm an idiot for not seeing how happy you make me. I'm an idiot for ignoring the fact that I've fallen in love with you. I'm an idiot fo-"

"You love me? You said you love me, right?" I was shocked, surprised, stunned, everything. I've waited so long to hear him say that.

He laughed and nodded "I love you. I loved you from the moment I found you asleep at my reception on your first day, I was just too stubborn to admit. But trust me the thought of losing you is much more scarier and I don't like it. I love you and I want you to stay"

I threw myself at him and kissed him with all the passion I had. It was amazing to feel his lips and knowing that how much this means to him. My emotions were all over the place and I was so thankful for him to hold me so tightly. I could feel him smile through our kiss and made my heart swell in joy. After a very long time I feel happy, genuinely happy because there's a possibility that I might actually get my happily ever after.