Chapter Twenty Two

Rishabh's pov

It's been two days since Radhika is back and anyone can see how lost she is. She has shut herself down completely and she feels like a whole new different person. Her smiles are so fake. Her eyes wander away alot. She isn't the cheeky charming self she used to be. She's an impostor trying to do the best enactment of her. She's like a robot who is working and only working.

All the things that her Dad said has made her so numb. I can't help but feel responsible. She trusted me and I hurt her as well. She has given up trying. Her eyes don't glow on little things that earlier made her happy and I don't know what to do. She has built these walls and she won't let anyone in.

I've never been so distracted in my entire life. The person sitting in front of me feel like a stranger, somebody I don't know how to be around anymore. She doesn't seem interested, she seem to care, which is her one most annoying yet amazing quality. She cares alot. She cares about her clients, she cares about her work, she cares about me. She gave me a faint smile as she finished her presentation but I could see the void behind those dead eyes. 

"Rishabh when do we leave?" Radhika asked as we stepped out of the building after meeting.

"Tomorrow or day after tomorrow most probably. Why would you ask that?"

"I miss home, I guess. I want to go back Delhi" Her voice was so flat. She wanted to go far away from this place, I could tell.

"We can leave tomorrow evening. Is it okay?" I asked. She simply nodded and gave me a smile which wasn't exactly the smile I was hoping for.

We drove back to hotel and the drive was completely silent. She didn't say anything and I didn't have anything to say.

We entered the hotel when I got a call.

"You can answer it. I'm heading to my room" Radhika said walking towards her room.

"Is it Rishabh Jaisingh?" A woman asked from the other side.

"Yes. Who is it?"

"I'm Radhika's mom, Rishabh"

"Hello Mrs. Ahuja. How did you got my number?"

"Well.. Actually when Radhika was here I took it from her phone without letting her know. I am always worried for her so I wanted to have someone so that I can know about her whereabouts. I'm sorry for invading your privacy."

"It's okay. I can understand"

"What happened that day? Radhika just left a note that she's leaving with you for work. She wouldn't talk to me or tell me anything. She's been avoiding me and I know her. I'm so sure something has happened and she's hiding it from me. Do you've any idea about it?"

"Didn't Mr. Ahuja bother to tell you?"

"He never talks about her it's been years since we had a conversation about our daughter"

I told Mrs. Ahuja what all happened back at her house and I could sense the tension building on the other side of the line. I couldn't do anything but feel sorry about the situation

"I-I- I am sorry. I don't know what to say or do"

"Mrs. Ahuja, I know it is a lot to take in but she's a strong woman. You've raised her right and she won't disappoint you. I'm not in a position to say this but I think it would be best if you give her some time to get over this. She doesn't want you to worry that's why she hasn't told you. It would be best if you don't tell her anything about this conversation or anything about this situation in general."

She sighed on the other side "I just want her to be okay. I love my daughter very much. I wish I could do something but I'm just helpless"

"I'm here for her and if anything happens where I think she needs you, I'll personally let you know. Right now she's dealing with it on her own terms and we should respect that"

"You're right. You're a good man, I'm glad my daughter is around you. Take care" 

"Me too. She's a wonderful person. I will" 

We hung up. I'm sure it's not easy for a mother to know what her child was going through. I know I've tried giving her assurance but she must be blaming herself for everything.

As I was standing there thinking about what can I possibly do to make Radhika feel atleast a little better than this. It striked that I could just do that one thing she really wants. The first thing I can do is get her home, away from all of this.

I knocked her door and she opened with the same dull face. "We're leaving for home in three hours so chop chop"

"What? How? Isn't that too early? How did you manage to get the tickets. Is our work done already?"

"Called in some favours. Got a private jet"

Her eyes widened "A what? Why? I mean we could've left tomorrow, what's the rush?"

"Don't get into technicalities now. Just get packed. Time is running out"

I was right about this. Getting away from that place and going home did made Radhika better. She wasn't completely okay but she definitely felt better, also she was really excited about the private jet which kind of distracted her from her thoughts.

Finally we were home and it felt nice genuinely. We took our luggages and I asked her to let me drop her to which she agreed.

"Take rest and I will come to pick you up at 11" I said

"Why? Is there some work I don't know about?"

"I want to take you somewhere so just be ready okay"

"This late? Is this some kind of surprise date or what" she said rolling her eyes.

"Your words not mine" I replied with a wink and drove off.