The call of love - chapter 17

The Call of Love

By Mallory Quinn

Chapter 17

"Terry's return"

The train that was bringing back the Strasford troupe to New York, after a long tour around the county, was arriving. Candy was on the pier with the other members of the actors' families. She was excited to see Terry, she missed him so much! She couldn't wait to be his wife, so she could see him everyday and wake up every morning next to him. The train has stopped and the passengers started to get off. She saw her fiancé's shape from afar with his long brown hair, he was very attractive... He started to walked to the exit in the middle of all those people walking in opposite direction looking for their family. He saw the blonde and curly hair of his beloved and he was very happy. She was so beautiful! Their eyes crossed and they smiled to each other. She wanted to run, but there were too many people , they were walking very slowly. They finally arrived near each other after a while that seemed like so long and they fell into each other's arms. They hugged for a moment and then they kissed passionately for a long time.

- I missed you so much, he said

- I missed you too

- Let's get out of here

- With pleasure, said Candy laughing

They went to the car. Susanna was looking at them and she was crying in silence. Candy was curled up against Terry in the car; they went to Terry's apartment.

- I'm so happy to be back.....

- Me too...

- So, what's new in New York?

- Oh a lot of things...

- Talk, I'm listening...

- Ok... but kiss me again honey

He smiled and complied... they stopped when they arrived at Terry's the apartment. The driver took Terry's luggage and carried them upstairs and was waiting for Candy downstairs in the car. The lovebirds made out for a while. Then she told him what was happening into town. She kept the best for last.

- You'll never guess who came to stay in New York...

- The queen of England...

- Terry! Be serious!

- I'm sorry...I give up...

- Are you ready, brace yourself! The duke of Grandchester with his two children....

- WHAT????!!!!

- You heard me....

- My father? My father is in New York?

- With your brother and your sister...

- What about his wife...?

- They're divorced...

- Divorced? Don't tell me that...

- He wants your mother back? I don't know, I think... You'll have to ask him...

Terry was speechless. His father was in New York and he wanted his mother back? But what was going on? What happened the cold and motionless man that raised him?

- But what going on in his head? My father has feelings for my mother?

Candy didn't say anything. Georgie had told her that the duke told her that it was because of her...

- Freckles, do you know why my father changed his attitude? You look weird...

- Well, I don't know... she said softly, I heard I reminded him of his young love...