Chapter 3- New faces. Old faces

Louise's POV
I wake up to a horrible wailing also known as River's shower singing voice. I role over and hold the pillow to my ears. Yesterday after River walked out after our interesting conversation, I decided to just stay in the dorm and finish unpacking. It didn't take me long so I wandered around the college for a bit and scoped out my classes. My last class for each day was in the building with the cafeteria. The place was crawling with freshmen looking to join fraternities and clubs so I just decided against going to that one and walked back to the dorm. I took a quick shower and threw on my pajamas. We only had about an hour until curfew so I decided to turn in for the night. My first class was at 8 a.m.
I peeled my self out of bed and checked the time. 7:12. Well I guess River is good for one thing.
I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a green tank and skinny jeans. I pulled a leather jacket over the tank and toped the whole outfit with my trusty old ears. I was just about to grab my bag and leave when River opened the bathroom door.
"Hey friend! Where are you going this early?"
"I was going to eat before my first class. Do you know about eating River? It's this thing that keeps us alive." I said slowly so her small mind could comprehend it. She just rolled her eyes and walked to her dresser.
"Guess what?" She said with that annoying excited girl tone.
"No offense River. But I don't care." I attempted to walk towards the door when she stepped right in front of me.
"This crazy hot guy totally ran me over yesterday! I was all like 'wow nice muscles' and guess what he said!"
"No"
She shrugged off my response and kept telling her waist of a time story.
"He said he was too old for me! He couldn't be more than a senior. Ugh!! It just pisses me off! Doesn't it make you just want to scream?"
"I am screaming so loudly on the inside right now. Do you want to know what I'm screaming?" She looked at me with curious eyes. "MOVE!"
I walked into the hallway and turned to look at her.
"Ugh!!" She exclaimed before slamming the door.
I walked to the cafeteria with my hands in my pockets and my head high. I felt like I had just defeated a dragon.
Once I got to the cafeteria I swiped my card and grabbed a tray. There was a large selection but non of it was amazing. I settled for a bowl of cereal and some juice. Most all the seats were taken, and because I haven't met anyone I like yet I decided to sit in the back corner.
I checked the time and it was only 7:38. I have a good twelve minutes until I'm going to head to class. It was nice to just sit alone and eat. Times like that are rare at home.
I heard a seat move and looked up to see a guy sitting in the seat across from me.
"Um. Hello?" I said trying to get the point across that this is my table.
"Hi" He looked up at me and smiled.
He had a nice smile. And his light green eyes did a great job complementing his brown wispy hair. I honestly was a bit out of breath by his looks by the feeling pasted quickly and I reminded myself he is just a boy. There are millions of them everywhere.
"I'm Danny." He said holding out a hand for me to shake. I didn't shake it. I just looked at him. I was confused. The point of sitting alone in a corner was to be alone. So this guy either doesn't have friends or he has no boundaries.
"I'm Louise." I still didn't shake his hand so he pulled it back under the table.
"I um.. I noticed you were alone and I kinda guessed it was cause you hadn't met anyone yet. So I thought I would come over and say hello cause I don't really know anyone either."
Yup. I was right. The guy doesn't have any friends.
"Danny you seem nice but.." My mind went blank. I had no excuse to get rid of this boy. Damn it brain. You are better than this. "Alright. Hello Danny. Thanks for coming over here." I held my hand out for him to shake.
We talked until 7:50. Mostly about our majors. How I want to own a restaurant one day and how he wants to be an artist but only came to college because his parents made him. He actually wasn't that bad, and unlike most people he takes to my insults quite well.
I left at the time I had planned and told Danny I would see him at supper at the same table. The classes weren't to bad. Most of it was power points to introduce who the teacher was and what the class would be about. Before I knew it I was walking into my last class for the day.
I walked to an open seat near the middle of the room and sat down. The teacher Mr. Lawson talked about his fascination with history and how he hoped we get much knowledge from his class. Then he introduced the assistant he would be having for the year. I was doodling in my notebook when it was announced. The teacher announced that our new assistance name is Logan Bush but we must call him Mr.Bush. As soon as I heard the name broke my pencil by mistake. A loud crack rang through the large room as everyone turned their faces toward me. I looked up to see utter shock in Logan's eyes.
"Hello Mr. Bush. It's nice to meet you." I said through gritted teeth.