Chapter 2- River

Louise's POV

River set her things on her bed and walked straight to the bathroom. The room got significantly smaller with two people in it. The beds were only two feet apart and there was practically no room in between the two desks. I was planning on taking the extra bed apart and putting it in one of the closets, but this was before I knew about little miss River. The room had no color except for the two black desks. everything else was white and bland. I sat at the desk closest to my bed and pulled out the brochure for the college so I could see where my classes are. The cover had the name of some small town college I  didn't know how to pronounce, but it was summed up in the letters TU. I chose this college after Mr. Frond told me if i don't choose one then he would choose one for me, and honestly I didn't want to go to any college that he recommended. So I turned in a few applications and decided on the first one that accepted. I opened the booklet and started to look at the map when River came out of the bathroom. 

"We don't have to..le..paper." River said with her head down and still mumbling.

"I'm sorry River but I don't speak giraffe." She looked up a bit but not enough to get the hair out of her face.

"We don't have toilet paper." She looked up after she said it and her whole face was red. I didn't see how it was a big deal. So what we don't have toilet paper. We can buy some. River walked over to her bed and pulled the luggage into the floor. Then she crawled onto her bed and started to cry. What was she doing? Am I supposed to comfort her about our lack of toilet paper? At this point I felt like I was running my own personal day care for young adults. 

"Hey, you know it's just toilet paper right? We can get more." I said trying to get her to stop crying because it was starting to get on my nerves. She looked up at me and her face was no longer red, in fact her face was completely normal.

"Hahahahaha!" River laughed at the top of her lungs. She rolled on her back and laid on her bed laughing for what seems like ten minutes before I finally had enough. 

"Stop that. What's wrong with you?" She continued to laugh so i walked over and pulled her off the bed.  

"Ow!"  She said as she hit the floor. Then she got up and hugged me. "Isn't this nice. Two new friends just joking around. Threaten me with snakes again and I will freak you out so much worse." She stopped hugging me and looked me in the eyes. This chick was insane! I held my gaze at hers until she smiled and walked out of the dorm. What am I going to do with this thing sleeping in my dorm? I have to get rid of her and fast. First day and I've already made an enemy.

                                                                               Logan's POV

 I set my brief case down on the desk in the front of the class. Empty school desks surround me in the large room that I will be spending my year in. I just got out of college and now I'm right back in it. I heard foot steps coming from the hall and then a short wrinkly my emerged from the doorway. 

"Why hello Mr.Bush! I see you have found your desk. Isn't it nice? I cleaned it for you." The man was very happy and seemed to be pleased with himself as he ran his finger over my desk. 

"It looks great. Thanks" I said awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well I'm glad you like it. You know when they told me I was getting an assistant I expected to see a young lady. But you my fine sir,trump any young lady that has ever walked through those doors." He said as he points to the front of the class. He gave me a strange smile and began walking to a large filing cabinet. "Come on over here and I'll show you the works. And after maybe you can show me what you already know." His voice is deep and I personally didn't care for the way he was talking to me, but my old professor said it is good to try to become friends with the teacher you will be working with. Something about how they can help you get a real job when your last year is over. Well my last year was two years ago and I'm still trying to pass the graduate assistant part of my schooling. Apparently people don't like it when you flirt with there students. But this is my last chance to get through the program. My professor has been gracious to give me more than one shot to succeed at this. He says I have promise. I think he just wants a promotion.   

I walked over to the old man and looked through some files and books that we would be teaching from. A book of Greek mythology caught my eye and I picked it up.

"Aw yes. That one is one of my favorites. But sadly we don't start the ancient history stuff until the third quarter." The old man walked back to his desk and sat down. "All of this excitement has tuckered me out." He laid his head back and then slung up out of his chair with eye's wide. "I completely forgot to tell you my name!" He walked up and shook my hand. "I'm Mr. Lawson," He looked me up and down and then winked, "but you can call me Steven." I slowly pulled my hands away from the old man and rubbed them on my khakis. 

"Mr. Lawson will do just fine. I wouldn't want to appear disrespectful." I looked down at my watch and looked back up and Mr. Lawson. "I am running late for something." The old man smiled at me as if I just recited a beautiful poem. "So I think I'm going to go now. It was nice meeting you and I look forward to working with you." I smiled at him and walked out of the class room as quickly as I could without running. 

The hall had filled up a bit since I was in it last. People walking from their dorms to the cafeteria to sign up for clubs. I actually didn't have anywhere to go, but I'm fairly certain that the professor is in love with me so I didn't want to stick around any longer than I had to.

OMF! I looked to the ground to see a girl, probably a freshman, looking up at me in shock.

"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I said trying to keep walking without being rude.

"Hey wait! You can't just leave me on the ground like this!" She said in a whiny voice that made me want to walk away even quicker. But of course I need to try to stay on my best behavior so i can graduate. So I turned around and held my hand out for her to grab onto. 

"Wow. You have a bit of muscle there don't you." She looked at me the way girls look at you when they want something. I just looked at her confused. I'm still to close to the classroom. If Mr. Lawson comes out he will see I haven't left and a lie is not the first thing I want on my report.

"My name is River. And you are?" and she went on. She refused to stop talking and I needed to go. 

"Okay look I'm too old for you." I pushed past her and walked away. "Rude" I heard her mutter not far behind me. 

{I know I am not the best writer and that this is just my first story, but please stick around. Once the story gets going everything will become a lot more interesting. Also at the moment I'm writing I my free time so the chapters aren't very long. But the chapters will definitely get longer. Thank you for reading! :) }