Sunday - Day before leaving for the cruise - Part 1

You woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. You lay attentive in bed, eyes still closed but listening to see if the noise started again. You heard nothing and so, figuring it was your imagination, turned to lie on your side letting your mind drift back into sleep.

~ You were walking in the woods. Your jean shorts full of cuts and your tank top ripped, forming a belly shirt. Your (h/c) hair was messy and stiff where blood had dried. A branch cracked behind you, sending panic throughly our veins. You started running, anywhere away from here. Another crack, closer this time. It was coming towards you. Another one and another one. It was running. Whatever it was was catching up to you and fast. You jumped over logs, skidded down slopes and pushed your way through thick branches. You looked up and caught sight of the moon, something once so beautiful looking like a nightmare. Tears were now streaming down your face. Blood was trickling out of the small cuts the branches had caused on your arms and you winced as more were added. Suddenly you came to an opening in the forest. In the middle was Sam.

" Sam? " You called out tentatively. He turned to look at you and smiled before hurrying towards you. Too terrified to move you stood where you were. Sam quickly embraced you before kissing you. He smiled and stroked your face. In an instant everything changed. Sams face twisted into a horrid snarl and he opened his mouth.

" How dare you want to leave?! I've done nothing to you! " He yelled. You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked around for an exit. You couldn't see anywhere to go, suddenly surrounded by Sams presence. Sam went over to you and raised his hand.

" Well, well. What do we have here? " Jeff entered the clearing and smiled at Sam. Relief flooded through your veins.

" Trying to hurt an unarmed girl? Tsk. You should know better than that. " You were still breathing heavily, but you were slowly calming down. Jeff pounced on Sam, causing him to let out a high-pitched shriek. After finishing up with Sam, Jeff moved towards you.

You smiled up at him before having that smile frozen on your face. Jeff was smiling at you, but not his usual smile, well, not the usual smile he had with you. He was smiling his smile. The smile he did before killing someone. The smile his victims saw in their last moment. You gasped slightly, looking into his eyes, his eyes that usual shined when he looked at you were gone, now replaced with a darkened version of his eyes, filled with an insane look.

You whimpered and moved backwards, only causing yourself to smack into a tree. You looked around, but found no escape, the only place you could look was in front of you, where Jeff was getting closer.

" Hello (Y/n), happy to see me? Don't worry I took care of your boyfriend. " Jeff gestured to Sams lifeless body and smirked. His voice was hard and raspy. It cut right through you. Tears filled your eyes before starting to stream down your face. Jeff smiled at this and wiped them away before leaning in and whispering in your ear.

" It's late. You should go to sleep. " A sharp pain erupted from your chest and you looked down to find Jeff removing a knife before you crumpled to the floor. The last thing you saw before your eyes drifted shut for the last time was Jeffs unsettling smile, smiling as you reached out to him. ~

You woke up and sat up straight in your bed. Your hand reached down to touch your stomach, making sure there was no wound. Relieved you went to rub your eyes when you felt wetness on your cheeks. You were crying. You couldn't stop and every time you closed your eyes all you could see was Jeffs smile and his eyes, waiting for you to draw your last breath.

You let yourself cry at this point as you lay back down on your bed, too drained from the nightmare to move. You turned to lay on your side as your tears completely soaked through your pillow. As you cried you could feel a gentle tap on your shoulder before being sat up and having arms wrapped around your body. You looked up to see Jeff looking down at you, causing you to flinch. He noticed this and looked at you with concern before hugging you to himself.

" It's okay (Y/n). It's over, I'm here. I'm not leaving. " He stroked the hair away from your wet cheeks and kissed your forehead. Your crying soon turned into quiet sobs as you fell into a dreamless sleep in Jeffs arms.

You woke up still in Jeffs arms. He was leaning against your bed frame, fast asleep. Last nights dream went through your mind again causing you to shudder slightly.

You got up off of Jeff and got yourself some clothes for your shower. You walked into your bathroom and locked the dorm behind you. As you begun to undress, you looked at yourself in the mirror. Jeffs face from last night instantly appeared causing you to let out a small scream. Seconds later there was a banging on the door.

" (Y/n)? Are you okay? " Jeffs concerned voice seeped through the doors and up to your ears. You wiped at your eyes before moving to the door and opening it. Jeff looked at you, concern evident on his face. You smiled weakly at him before answering.

" Yeah, totally fine. Mind chilling in here whilst I take a shower? " You tried sounding fine but Jeff just looked at you. He sighed before smiling at you.

" Yeah, okay. I'll stay here. " He responded before sitting down on the closed toilet seat. You stepped into the shower and closed the blurry door thing before continuing to undress.

" (Y/n), you know I've seen you naked before right? " Jeff asked. You paused and tried to understand why he was saying that.

"Yeah? " You responded. Jeff shrugged.

"Just wondering why you're hiding to get changed. " He answered your question and you continued getting changed.

" Just because you've seen me naked once doesn't mean I'm completely comfortable in you seeing me naked everyday dude. " You turned on the shower and let the hot warm run over you, hoping it would take away the nightmare you had. Jeff was quiet, humming and mumbling to himself. You tried to ignore the noises he was making and let your own thoughts run wild.

~~~~~~~~

You finished getting washed and turned off the water. You saw that you didn't have your towel hanging over the glass like you usually did, confirming that you were a little out of it today.

" Jeff? " You called out tentatively. You weren't sure if he was angry with you, so you decided to try to not say anything that may aggravate him.

" Hmm? " Was his response. (Okay, maybe he is angry.)

"Can you pass me my towel? It's the purple one. " You stood in the shower, getting cold from the air that was coming in from the top.

" Yeah, sure. " You heard some ruffling before your towel was thrown through the top. You grabbed it and dried yourself.

" Okay, thanks... " You muttered.

A/n- Are you guys seeing this chapter all right? It's been showing up really weirdly for me... Had to re-write it a few times because of it...

~ Abyss