Chapter 17 part 3

Start from the beginning

I whined a little inside my head as I began to miss my mate. We won’t be able to see her for awhile. As my wolf whined at the thought also, father and I finally finished off the rest of the men. We breathed deeply so we would keep a calm demeanor. It was only a few seconds after we finished the men off did we encounter more, their crew increasing from the last bunch. A lot more and they weren’t all regular humans, but some were like us, only they were crazed. Insane and unpredictable which makes them all the more dangerous. My dad and I looked at each other in worry, looks like we definitely won’t be able to catch up with our mates any time soon. It didn’t make me happy but protecting them is more important than anything right now and we both know it. It didn’t mean it made us happy about it, though.

As we took in the new threat, we let our wolves take over our body and allowed ourselves to relinquish control over our body. To protect what is ours! my wolf cried out through our newly formed muzzle. When our wolves took over, we also took on a new fierce advantage in the battle we entered.

We snarled and jumped in for the attack. This will be a hard fight.

__________________________________________________________

I panted as I tried to keep my footing. I was tired but the men keep coming each time we finish them off. I looked over at father and he was having a bit of trouble keeping up with everything as well. We needed an opportunity to escape, but we only had a time to catch our breath before there’d be more to fight. Father and I both groaned internally when we heard and saw more men coming up the stairs. It’s like getting homework on a Friday at school, only much worse and tiring.

When we began another little battle with the men we go against now, I looked around, searching everywhere for a way to get out of this room but I couldn’t find any. I had to constantly look back at my opponents when they yelled out a war cry.

I took a jump back and scanned again quickly. Even if we made a run for it, we could possibly be leading a whole load of more men toward mom, Morgan, and Jaren. We needed to get out of here and rest, then after awhile catch up with our mates. My wolf agreed with my plan as I hopped back into the fight with new vigor in my step. I made a mental nudge toward my father inside my head as I fought, concentrating on both situations as best I could. Let me tell you, it wasn’t easy.

Father… we need to make a run for it soon, we could possibly be followed so we need to lead them away from Morgan and mom.” I told him.

He internally nodded and quickly shut me out again. I slipped away and went back to fighting, which was a wolf at the moment. We growled and snapped at him, catching some of his fur into my mouth and I tugged. He whined but tried to throw me off, but I didn’t let go and only tugged harder which responded in him howling in pain. I put my paws on him and snarled, pushing him toward the ground trying to make him submit. He didn’t listen though, he growled at me and tried to push back. Knowing my alpha blood, it made me angry for him to not listen to my commands. I moved my jaws to his neck and squeezed. He squirmed wildly, needing to breathe but trying not to submit. His instincts were probably screaming at him to listen to me and just stop fighting but him being crazy rebelled against his own senses. Soon enough, he quit struggling and fainted. I pulled away and lifted my lips to show off my fangs at the men around us. Some backed up and the others took a step forward, though I snapped my teeth at them warningly.

At the corner of my eye, I saw father lean his body to the right and take a step, like he’s going to dash in that direction and the men started to move to the right. But, he faked them out and he ran out the door as quickly as he could. I internally grinned at my father’s tactics. I followed after him as the guys in front of me watched what happen.