Twenty-eight

*EDITED*

Emerald

-

-

Exams came quicker then I would've liked.

Charms was simple and I knew I passed with flying colors.

Defense Agasint the Dark Arts was easy enough but I struggled with non-verbal spells still. Which was funny when I think back to that time I froze Theo in his place. That seemed so long ago. That was the first time I really had a conversation with Blaise too.

Next was Potions I did phenomenally, well according to the witch judging me I did. Professor Slughorn would probably be proud.

Arithmancy was after Potions then the last exam was Transfiguration. Both I felt I did great with, but I wouldn't know until sometime this Autumn.

After exams I went to the library because I knew it would be quiet. Blaise was doing Ancient Runes examsright now, but he promised to meet me here right after.

"Emerald?" Someone spoke and I looked up from the book I was reading.

Harry stood there looking awkward.

"Yes Harry?"

"Do you mind if we talk?"

"No, you can sit." I closed my book and put it back in my bag.

"I'm sorry for being a git this year." He spoke and I noticed Ginny wasn't too far away.

Finally, they got together. I rolled my eyes.

"You're just now realizing you were?"

Ginny snorted but played it off as a cough. Somewhere Madame Pince hushed us.

"Yeah, well, sorry about that. I suppose I was just trying to help but did a terrible job." He ran a hand through his hair.

"It's alright. Just don't tell me how to live my life again." I spoke seriously.

He didn't say anything, he just nodded.

"I'm meeting Blaise here but if you and Ginny want to stay you can."

"Hang with you and Zabini? No thanks, but thanks for the offer." Harry told me standing up.

"Harry?"

He turned back around before he left and raised an eyebrow.

"Treat her good or I'll kill you." I smirked.

"Yeah, well you'll have to get in line." He smiled and walked off with Ginny.

About half a hour later and ten chapters into my book, Blaise decided to lift me out of my chair, causing me to squeal in terror, then sit down and put me in his lap.

I hit him with my book which, mind you, is a hardback.

"What the fuck Zabini!" I glared and he laughed.

"If you're going to be loud and use that awful language in my library you can leave right this instant." Madame Pince spoke as she came around a corner glaring at us.

"Sorry Madame Pince." I blushed and Blaise laughed harder, but silently.

Madame Pince rolled her eyes and walked off muttering something about annoying kids.

Blaise kissed my cheek then leaned into the chair relaxing.

"How was Ancient Runes?" I asked.

He groaned in annoyance at the thought of it, and I chuckled.

"How was Arithmancy?" He asked me back with a large amount of sarcasm.

"Easy." I replied and smirked.

He rolled his eyes but smiled anyway.

We sat there just chatting mindlessly away for a few hours until Draco Malfoy came in.

Now I hadn't really seen him since Potions four moths ago but he looked awful. He was skinny and his face was sunken inward. He looked sick.

"Blaise. It's time." Was all he said and I felt Blaise tense up.

"Okay, give me a minute." He spoke in reply and Draco nodded, walking off.

"Blaise what's happening?"

"Emerald can you accept something from me?" He looked desperate.

"Yes of course."

"I need you to go to our classroom. I need you to stay there until I come and get you. I need you to be safe." He spoke worriedly and I started to worry.

"Blaise what's happening?"

"Draco is going to kill Dumbledore."

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Should I have listened to Blaise and gone to the classroom? Probably. Should I have not gone and pack essentials for a trip he and I were probably going to make. Probably. So here I was casting undetectable extension charms on my purse and shoving clothes and everything else he and I might need in there.

But he'll need clothes. Fuck.

I stood there for a moment and thought.

Theo.

I quickly threw another pair of shorts in my bag and shut it. Rushing out of my dorm, the sky was growing dark outside as I rushed through my common room.

Drew, Sam, Mel and Brittany all looked at me in worry, I knew I probably wouldn't see them for a while. I rushed down the stairs and towards the Slytherin dungeons and stood in front of the wall.

Dinner was still going on and if I was lucky no one would be in here. I just need to find Theo.

"Pureblood." I spoke to the wall, like a few days ago it folded inward on itself.

I rushed in and there were a few people on the couches, but thank God, Theo was sitting there chatting up some Fifth Year and he saw me excused himself.

"Em? What's wrong?" He whispered.

"I need to get in your room now. It's an emergency." I rushed out.

He nodded and didn't ask but instead grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

We got to his room and immediately I went to Blaise's side and started to take clothes out and other things he might need.

"Emerald what's going on?"

"Blaise and I are leaving. Tonight."

"Leaving where. What's happening?" He sounded so worried, but I knew I couldn't tell him.

"I'm not sure, all I know is Blaise told me to be ready to leave." I finished throwing clothes in my purse and I closed it.

I walked over to Theo and hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you." I whispered.

I quickly let him go and left the room hurrying out of the room. I had to step behind a tapestry when Parkinson and her posse walked by, but other than that I slipped out undetected.

I rushed to the classroom and opened the door. Now all I had to do was wait. But waiting is the hardest part.