Twenty-three

*EDITED*

Emerald

-

-

Blaise and I have detention together. Thanks Professor Snape.

I sighed and continued on my way to Arithmancy. This was the only class that I shared actually with Hermione. She and I were partners.

I really didn't want to speak to her, or Ron and Harry for that matter. It's not like they were right about Blaise. I just wish he would tell me what happened.

Walking into the class room I saw Hermione sitting at the table by the window where we usually sat. I made my way over and got my books out, setting them on the table. Placing my bag under the table I took a seat and grabbed some parchment and my quill.

"Hello Emerald." Hermione spoke.

"Hi Hermione. How are you?" I inquired back.

"Well, thank you. Yourself?"

"Just fine, thanks." I told her; she nodded.

We sat in silence for a few moments until Professor Septima Vector walked in.

She was a rather tall woman, but wasn't skinny. Her graying hair was pulled back into a neat bun, like how Professor McGonagall does hers. She had piercing green eyes that could catch anyone doing anything. Most of the time Drew was the one getting caught.

Today she told us to simply read chapters 10 through 12 and write and essay on what we learned.

About halfway through my essay I realized that my birthday was in two weeks.

February 12 was just around the corner. I couldn't believe we had been back at school for a month already. It seemed like only yesterday I was on the train going to the Weasley's for Christmas. The day Blaise had first kissed me.

His lips were a bit chapped from the wind from my memory. His breath was slightly minty but there was a hint of honey as well. Though the kiss lasted mere seconds I couldn't help but wonder what a longer kiss would be like.

Slow and sensual? Fast and rough? What was Blaise like when it came to that? It's not as though I wanted to have sex with him, right?

Oh who am I kidding? Sex with him would probably be magical, but there's no way I would do that, we're not even dating. I mentally scolded myself for the thought.

Then my mind trailed to what he looked like undressed. I knew for a fact he was in fairly good shape from playing Quidditch.

Oh fuck. Quidditch practice was this afternoon and for the rest of the week. We played Slytherin this Saturday since we beat Hufflepuff back in December.

Mel was going to kill me for not being there today.

My kind must've wandered the rest of class because soon Hermione was shaking me out of my daydreaming.

"Emerald? Class is over, we have to go to Potions now." She spoke.

"What? Oh, okay yeah alright." I quickly packed my things, being careful to cover my ink before placing it in my bag.

"I'll see you later Emerald." Hermione told me, and she headed out of the classroom.

Drew came over and he and I walked to Potions together.

"How's Marcus?" I asked him.

"He feels great." He told me and I choked on my spit causing him to laugh.

"I'm kidding, he's doing fine." He told me still laughing.

"For fucks sake Dre I don't want to know about your sex life." I made a disgusted face.

"Well just don't go looking in seventh floor broom cupboards." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"How are you doing?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I'm not mad at Blaise, just confused is all. He seemed almost scared when he rushed out. I'd like to know why." I explained.

Drew couldn't say anything because soon we were at Potions and of course the first thing I see is Mel yelling at Blaise who wore an amused expression.

I rolled my eyes and told Drew I would see him later, rushing over to Mel and Blaise.

"Mel quick yelling before you get points docked from Ravenclaw by Professor Slughorn." I told her stepping in between the two of them, but ignoring Blaise.

"Old Sluggy won't do anything. Not unless I hex this arse." She glared daggers over my shoulder at Blaise.

"He's not an arse, and leave it alone. Just sit down will you? Please?" I pleaded with her and she complied.

Sitting down I put my head in my hands and felt something slide in front of me. I looked down to see a little envelope with my name scrawled on it and a white rose.

I looked at Blaise in confusing.

"It's an explanation. I'm not too good at verbally giving one, but can you read it in private?" He asked me.

I simply nodded and turned away from him. Professor Slughorn walked out of his office and greeted us all. Today we would be, guess what, writing another essay. This time on a Bezoar and it's helpful functions for poisons.

About halfway through my essay again I found myself sidetracked.

Blaise had slid a piece if parchment towards me.

Don't hate me when you read that letter.

I was confused. Hate him? Doubtful.

Why would I hate you? I scribbled back and slid it to him.

A few moments later and after Professor Slughorn walked past out table he slid it back.

You'll understand why.

I didn't reply back. I only thought about what he could mean.

Oh god. He knows I'm the Ministers daughter.