Twelve

*EDITED*

Emerald

-

-

It was now mid-October, the first Quidditch game of the season was coming up. Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Drew and I had been going to their practices since Mel had asked us to. So here, Drew and I sat, freezing our arses off.

"Hey, guys." Brittany walked up to us in the stands.

We both nodded in hello. I wrapped my Ravenclaw scarf tighter around me because of a sudden gust of wind.

"Fuck this weather I'd rather be in front of a fire," Drew spoke.

"Sadly, Marcus isn't a Ravenclaw." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he rolled his eyes whole Brittany laughed.

"For someone so prim am proper, you're super dirty-minded." His Scottish accent becoming thicker around the middle of his sentence.

"Are you guys excited for Halloween?" Brittany asked as we watched Blaise and Theodore pass the Quaffle to each other.

I didn't answer her because I kept thinking about last Saturday night. Blaise seemed very flustered when he found me, and I don't think slamming me against a wall helped his case.

"Not really. What's the point if you can't dress up and to Trick or Treating?" Drew told her.

Brittany and I gave him blank looks.

Trick or Treating? Is that some sort of disease? I thought.

"Oh right, you're both Purebloods. I always forget because neither of you are prejudiced or anything like that." He told us.

"Trick or Treating is when you put a costume on for Halloween and you go door to door at people's houses. When they open the door you go 'Trick or Treat,' and they give you candy." He explained.

"Oh, cool," I told him.

"It's too bad we can't have a huge costume party here. I don't think the Professors would allow it."

"Drew! You're a genius!" Brittany yelled at him, then she got up and sprinted out of the stands towards the school.

"Well, I mean I am in Ravenclaw." He said and I smacked his arm causing him to laugh.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

It was now a week before Halloween. It was falling on a Friday this year so everyone smuggling in Firewhiskey wouldn't be hungover the next day in our classes.

Brittany was now telling us this grand idea of hers.

"Okay, guys so get this. We're throwing a Halloween costume party." She told Mel, Sam, Drew and me.

Drew clapped. Sam and Mel looked lost and I look concerned.

"What about Professor Flitwick?" I asked her.

"Oh I already talked to him he's fine with it, so long as none of us end up doing things we shouldn't." She gave Mel the stink eye and Mel snorted.

"Who's invited?" I asked her.

"Everyone is. Anyone from any house. We're having it up here, so we've got to decorate." She explained.

"You can bring dates if you want, I'll be handing out flyers tomorrow." She told us, then she smiled and walked away, probably to work on the flyers.