Sixteen

*EDITED*

Blaise

-

-

Goddammit! We fucking lost to Gryffindor again! Fucking Draco not being able to be our Seeker. I was fuming. My team sat in the locker room staring at me, waiting for me to blow up on them.

"Why didn't we win? Harper, why didn't you catch the fucking Snitch before Potter?" I asked them calmly.

That's what made them more terrified.

"Because of this, we have to beat Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, in order to even qualify for the damn Quidditch House Cup!" I kicked over one of the boxes in the room.

"Blaise we tried. Conditions out there weren't exactly the best." Astoria told me.

"Greengrass don't even fucking start with me, you couldn't hit one of the damn Bludgers until I told you to hit it at stupid ass Smith!" I roared at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"This is my first damn year as Captain because Malfoy dropped out. I need some help from you all okay? Now hit the showers, I'll see you all at dinner." I walked out of the locker room, slamming the door behind me and headed up to the castle.

I was out of the pitch when I heard her.

"Hey." I stopped and turned around.

Her hair was still in its messy bun, but instead of shorts, she had on black pants. She still wore her dark green v-neck.

"Hi." I walked towards her.

Looking over her head to see Potter and the rest of the Gryffindor team coming out of the Pitch celebrating.

"I think you all were great today, given the current weather." She told me and as she said that the snow came down a little harder.

"Thanks, but we should've won," I told her looking at my feet.

The Gryffindor's were almost to us.

"Well, even if you didn't win, you deserve this."

Deserve what? I thought.

Then I felt it. Barely even there. Like a phantom on my cheek. She kissed me. I looked up into her eyes that were like the Caribbean Sea on a beautiful day. She gave me a smile and walked away. I noticed now the Gryffindor's stood there right behind where she just was staring with jaws dropped at the scene they just witnessed. Potter looked pissed, Weasley confused and the rest of the team looked awkward along with the Granger girl. I smirked at them all and turned around, heading back towards the castle to change into something warmer.

I've never been happier.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

"Hey, Blaise," Draco told me as he sat next to me on the couch.

He looked drained. Like there was barely any life in him.

"Draco," I replied back.

"Heard you lost today. Tough luck mate." He patted my shoulder.

"Any luck for you today?" I asked him, ignoring the game comment.

"I managed to make an apple disappear and reappear so slow goings. You?" He asked.

"I think I'm going to give up on it. Send my mum off into hiding. Join her at the end of the school year." I told him looking into the embers in front of me.

"What?!" He all but yelled causing some Fourth Years to look our way.

"Keep your damn voice down, you idiot!" I snapped at him; he glowered at me.

"You can't just 'give up' he will kill you and your mum. You'll never be safe." He told me slightly worried.

"I don't know what to do! I can't concentrate on a damn thing all because of a certain Ravenclaw." I buried my face in my hands.

"Never thought I'd see the day a girl got Blaise Zabini flustered." Theo came over and sat down next to me, he snickered and I glared at him.

"Theo not the time, don't you know your own issues?" Draco gave him a pointed look.

Theo rolled his eyes and stood up, walking away from us grumbling about the job the Dark Lord gave him.

"This girl is going to end up getting you killed, and your mother," Draco spoke quietly.

"I'm crazy about her," I told him.

"She's going to get herself killed." Was all he said as he got up to sit with Astoria Greengrass.

I sat there and thought, once again staring into the embers of the fire. Emerald was in danger. I was dangerous to her. I couldn't put her in harm's way, but she needed to know. I couldn't keep my feelings from her. I looked down at my left arm where I visualized the Dark Mark. I stood up. I was going to find the Minister's daughter if it was the last thing I did.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Emerald

-

-

It's been a few weeks since the first Quidditch game and the holidays were coming fast. Sam and I were sitting in the Great Hall doing Potions assignments when someone sat in front of us.

"Emerald," Ron spoke to me.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're a girl, right? I can ask you something?" He looked desperate.

"Sure? I guess?" I was confused as to what was wrong.

"I'll leave you two to chat." Sam got up, grabbing her books, and left the Great Hall.

"What can I help you with Ron?" I asked.

"Well, it's, it's Lavender. Lavender Brown. I suppose my girlfriend." He started and I nodded telling him to continue.

"She's, she's wonderful don't get me wrong, really nice girl, but she won't leave me alone! Bloody hell all she wants to do is snog. I don't know what to do. I figured I'd ask you since you and Zabini are dating and whatnot." He trailed off from his story,

Dating? Blaise and I? Where the fuck did he get that idea? I thought.

"Two things. One, Zabini and I aren't dating, and two, why don't you just explain that to her? Your relationship would be very unhealthy if it were just physical." I told him, he seemed to relax when I told him Blaise and I wasn't dating.

"I'll try that, but it probably won't work." He sighed.

Too bad he was too dense to see Hermione liked him.

"Ron do you know why Harry's seemed upset with me? It can't possibly be because Zabini and I are... Friends?" I asked.

Ron just shrugged, but I figured he probably knew, he just didn't want to tell me.

"Alright, well, I'll see you around Ron," I told him.

I grabbed my books and left the Great Hall.

Blaise and I? Dating? Yeah right.

But then why did I feel sad?

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

This book is a little over halfway done already. I'm still thinking of maybe doing a sequel. It won't be written until next summer though.

Anyways enjoy this chapter :)

~Liv