One hell of

Reincarnation

Chapter 20:

Ciel Phantomhive the first opened his eyes and found himself back in the white place where he had spent an eternity waiting for someone to pick up the ring. He looked down at himself to find that he was also wearing the same outfit that he had always worn; black shorts with matching knee high socks, a white blouse with a black ribbon bow and a plain navy blue jacket.

This time there was a difference. His descendant was lying outstretched on the ground where he had left him.

Concernedly, the Earl bent down and checked his pulse just in case. His skin was also very pale, but that could be attributed to the fact that Ciel had used a pressure point to incapacitate his descendant. Fortunately the pulse was at a steady regular rate.

"Ciel? Wake up," the original Ciel said and shook his descendant's shoulder.

The second Ciel stirred and groaned before opening his eyes.

"Why is there a mirror here?" he asked groggily as he wasn't fully conscious yet.

"I am not a mirror- I am your ancestor, Ciel." It felt strange for Ciel the first to call someone that was the spitting image of him, his name.

"Ah," the descendant said and sat up hurriedly. "I remember- you knocked me out and took control of my body. So why have you taken off the ring?"

"So we can merge souls and we will both have control. There is not a lot of difference between us so it will not be difficult- we were just born in different eras."

Ciel narrowed his eyes at his ancestor's explanation. "But you care for Sebastian, I don't"

He knew this for definite as the final line from the last journal had been "As a final request, please kiss Sebastian and inform him that I cared for him."

His ancestor grimaced and blushed. "We can get round that, are you willing to merge?"

"What about the contract?" Ciel the second enquired. "If we merge, both contracts will be valid so the Grim Rea-"

"I have dealt with them. They have let Sebastian and I go, but in return we have to prevent demons from taking souls. Spears is going to give us a list of locations and dates."

"That does sound intriguing," Ciel commented, but a suspicious thought struck him. "Why do you suddenly want to merge? You can be with Sebastian freely- I'm assuming he returned your sentiments."

The teenage Earl wondered how he was going to explain his reasons without mentioning that he had been coerced into it with one of the main reasons being that this Ciel had better manners than him.

"Don't you want your life back? The Grim Reapers will leave us alone now so you can do what you want and live without threats. I have also stopped Alois Trancy from running away."

The descendant absorbed the information silently. He was still bemused as his ancestor's request definitely did not match his personality and was very out of character for a proud person like him. Living a life without the reapers sounded tempting as he had hated their presence and the fact that they had gone as far as to genetically engineer him so that he would have the same face as his ancestor.

But he still hesitated before making a decision.

For the majority of his short life he had always been compared to his brilliant ancestor who had single handedly run the family business and won a Royal Warrant with only his butler at his side, all at the age of 13. It might have been something to do with the fact that he had grown up with the same name and face as his ancestor, but he suspected that even if his father hadn't been a reincarnation, every descendant of the first Ciel Phantomhive would have grown up with the same pressure on them.