Midnight Meeting

Reincarnation

Chapter 11:

This Ciel Phantomhive was not a reincarnation.

It was his parents.

It was through science that had looked exactly the same as original Ciel Phantomhive

(Chapter 9)

Sebastian frowned at his own deduction. Was the answer really that simple?

It didn't explain everything properly. He still didn't know why Grim Reapers were running Weston College and were interested in him. It also did not explain why this Ciel had the same succulent scent as the other Ciel. If they were separate people then their souls would smell completely different.

He had been intending to make a contract with the current Ciel Phantomhive in order to finally obtain the aforementioned delicious soul, once he had found out exactly what the boy was, but now he was wary of doing so as there were still unanswered questions.

Sebastian shut down the computer and replaced everything as he had found it before relocking the study door. He crept back into Vincent Phantomhive's bedroom and dropped the key back into his dressing gown pocket.

As he approached the top of the stairs, about to go down and return to his bedroom, a voice whispered "Sebastian..."

He whirled round to face the speaker and felt disappointment when his sharp eyes discerned the figure lurking in the shadows. It was Alois Trancy.

"Hello, master Trancy. What are you doing up so late?" he said quietly, interested to hear what the brat would say.

"I might ask the same of you, it's nearly 2 o'clock in the morning- it's early not late. Don't give me any bullshit about butlers having to get up this early. It is the 21st Century you know," Alois added as an afterthought.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at the insult and decided not to take the bait.

"I thought I heard a noise so I came up to check," he lied smoothly. "Now that I know it is you I will return to my room."

Alois raised his eyebrows but decided to let it go. "Good night, Sebastian."

He turned away from the butler and returned to Ciel's bedroom. His best friend was fitfully sleeping again. There were beads of sweat dotted on his pale forehead and he rolled over with a groan as Alois slipped in next to him.

Alois opened his mouth to inform him that he had seen Sebastian acting suspiciously, then he paused. Ciel was under a lot of stress at the moment and he clearly wasn't sleeping well and he didn't need something else to stress about right now.

He would tell him in the morning.

"What? You saw Sebastian come out of my parents' room last night?" Ciel hissed after Alois informed him what he had seen the following morning. Then Ciel sighed. "He was clearly after the key to the study. I know what Dad keeps it in his dressing gown pocket. It would be easy for a demon to sneak in there and steal the key."

"Is there anything incriminating in there?" Alois asked as he pulled on his blazer.

"I'll explain at school," Ciel said and picked up his schoolbag.

As the pair passed through the entryway Sebastian appeared in front of them holding two packed lunch boxes.

"I heard that school lunches are not very nutritious, so I took the liberty of preparing packed lunches for both of you." Sebastian held out the lunches with an angelic smile.