Chapter 10 - Enemies and Heroes

Hey so it took me a lot to write this chapter because I have had writers block a little bit I knew what i want to happen it was just writing it seemed to be a struggle anyway I hope you like it...

Chapter 10 – Enemies and Heroes

I woke up on Saturday morning with a mixture of emotions; I was happy, nervous, scared, terrified, excited and almost sad. I ran my hand through my hair sighing at the ceiling, today was going to be eventful. I rolled out of bed catching the bed side table before I crashed to the floor. I pulled myself into a standing position, walking over to my suitcase to get clothes, I chucked on a pair of black skinning jeans, and a plain white t-shirt and a black bennie hat. I grabbed my black converses before jogging down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen to find Mich sat at the kitchen table in jeans and a baggy t-shirt I guess he didn’t have work to day. “You going out?” he asked looking up from the newspaper he was reading to look me over. He was in a good mood this morning but I could also tell that he hadn’t taken his pill meaning I had to be careful because he could snap at any moment probable without warning and I could do without a black eye today specially since I was meeting Scar’s parents just to add to my fear of finding out the truth about myself.

I nodded to answer Mich’s question before I went up on my tippy toes, to reach the cupboard which housed the breakfast bars, I grabbed the first one I saw, before ripping it open and taking a bite chewing it slowly. “So were you going?” Asked Mich looking back down at the paper as he turned the page, looking as if he didn’t really care were I went just making conversation. “Oh the Mason’s” I said un sure what Mich’s reaction would be to hearing where I was going because I had heard from most people in town that the Mason family were bad news, but he just lower the paper to frown at me with confusion in his eyes. I found myself starring at his eyes almost whishing them to change colour so I wouldn’t be in this situation, but they didn’t they stayed the same brown colour but had the emotions held within them like human eyes, it felt weird to call Mich a human because less than two days ago I thought I was the same as him, a human. But now I was a Haler. Mich’s voice brought me out of my internal ramble “You friends with them?” he said still frowning, “Um….yeah I met them when they fixed my car, and they invited me round to hang out” his frown grew, but he shrugged it off, turning back to his paper loosing interest in the conversation. “Ok see you later” I nodded at him even though he couldn’t see since he was behind the paper.

I walked through the room, throwing the wrapper from the breakfast bar in the open bin on the way out of the door to the hallway, running my hands over the back of my jeans to rid any stickiness. I checked my pockets to make sure I had both my ipod and phone, then walked out the door shouting a final bye to Mich as I did, not waiting for a reply before walking to the driver were my truck sat. I climbed in turning on the radio, and Nickel Back filled the car, I buckled up and then pulled out the drive on to the deserted road.

On the way I started to think why I hadn’t told Mich, Scar and I were dating because that is what we were doing. Wasn’t it? I mean he hadn’t actually asked me to be his boyfriend but he had called me his boyfriend so I guess I was his. I stopped at a traffic light and watched a young lady walk across with two children, one holding each hand. One of the children the closest to my car, turned round and looked at me through the truck wind screen as the lady pulled him across the road with determination. He waved and grinned at me without a care in the world, I laughed and waved back loving his innocence. And wishing I could still have that naivety he did, he didn’t know how evil the world was how cruel it can be, how it could rip your life apart in a matter of seconds and throw the pieces back in your face. He just lived to have fun.