Chapter 6 - Tough Guys Don't Run

Hey so thank you for reading my book here is the next chapter..... 

Chapter 6 – Tough Guys Don’t Run

I was still frozen unable to move or look away from were Vic’s hand had been, all of the Mason brothers were now looking at me with worried expressions apart from Scar who was glaring at his third eldest brother if looks could kill Vic would be dead on the floor by now. “I guess we have to tell him now” said Matt walking towards were I was still sat on the side, with Scar still leaning next to me. Tell me what, tell they were different because I had worked that out of my own without their help it was almost too obvious I am surprised no one at school hadn’t realised or maybe they had. Maybe they were going to tell me just how strange and different they really were. But was I ready to know, I was unsure. Yes I had been trying to find out what was different about them, yes I want to know how my hand got healed but I never thought I would find out this quickly, I was hoping that I would find a normal explanation in a week or so and I could go back to normal life. When my eyes started working again they came back into focus, they switched from brother to brother without me telling them to as if something would happen if I looked at a single one of them too long.

Scar stood up straight and turned to face me causing my jumping eyes to land on him “Max listen what we are about to tell you will not seem real it might even sound crazy but it will eventually make sense” I could see in his eyes he wanted me to stay and listen that he could see how I wanted to run and never come back. I wanted so bad to forget everything I had seen in the last week or so, but I knew I couldn’t, none of what I had seen will ever leave me, and they were scarred on my brain forever. As the other brothers came to gather round me, I felt as if I was a gazelle being surrounded by a pack of lions hungry for the hunt. “Right were to beginning” said Robbie running his hands through his short hair making his muscles flex under his tattoo which stood out against his tanned skin just like all his brother’s tattoos did. My eyes flicked around the room looking for an escape, there was no windows it felt like I was in the police cell again were I met Robbie and Scar for the first time “All we are about to tell you, you can’t tell anyone not a word to anyone not a soul” said Vic sounding scared of what would happen if I told anyone what they were about to tell me, if they were scared to tell anyone why were they telling me at all wouldn’t be better if I just didn’t know. My eyes found the large door at the front of the garage, the five brothers stood between me and it but I am sure I could make it if I really wanted to escape which was a high possibility at the moment.

No, I told myself tough guys don’t run. I had always lived my life, as a tough guy. I had set myself rules that I live by I wouldn’t let people think I was scared or sad. No one had or will ever see me cry including my parents, no one even saw me cry after I was told they hadn’t made it through the surgery. And I would not let all that crumble to pieces because I ran away from a strange group of brothers. I tried to focus my eyes on the guys in front of me instead of the door, which my mind still held as my only escape just in case. “Max, We aren’t normal we are…” this was my last chance to ran and get out of here I could try to forget everything and return to a normal life were mystery and unexplained things were only in books and movies, as Scar glanced nervously at his other brothers before finishing his sentence which was still hanging in the silent air between us, as if it was cloud hanging over my head suffocating me. I felt my heart beat pick up pace but I stayed were I was, daring myself not to move and to hear what they had to say, and not run like a dog with my tail between my legs.

“Halers” They all turned to look at me, but I was at a lost what was a Haler, it meant nothing to me. But it did sound like something pulled straight from those books girls my age were obsessed with at the moment “You’re what?” I asked confusion obvious in my voice; my heart beat had not lost any of it speed I could feel a bead of sweat starting to roll down the back of my neck as my eyes flicked nervously form brother to brother. “We are human, but we have powers” My eyes flicked to Matt as he was the one who finally broke the screaming silence. “You …. ha … ve … po … wers” I managed to stutter out, my eyes once again flicking between them all.