Chapter 9 - Game on, party hard

Chapter 9 – Game on, party hard

I said bye to Josh stepped with Brixie and Suzie to go towards our schools seats. When saw them, every Mason brother minus Scar and Blaine who were both in the changing rooms getting ready for the game. I guess it was the mind reading thing but Matt seemed to sense I was looking at them because his head turned to look at me; he seemed to read me for a moment then a smile spread across his lips. He must have found out that I now believed them. I wanted to go over and ask them now about Halers, but I know why Scar said we couldn’t talk about it today there was too big of chance someone could hear. I turned my attention to my two friends who were in front of me when Matt looked back to the empty field. I focused on what Suzie was saying “I could be on the team, if the coach wasn’t such a sexist pig” Brixie burst it to laughter and I couldn’t help but smile to. Brixie lead the way through guys as if she was Moses crossing the red sea they all moved out the way to get a better look at her.

We found seats pretty simply, we could see the whole field, as we waited for the game to begin I let my mind wonder back to Scar and I’s kiss. I let my fingers run over my lips, smiling to myself. “Who was it?” I looked to my left were both Brixie and Suzi were eyeing me, both with raised eyebrows I knew straight away they knew I had kissed someone; come on I was being so obvious. “No one” I said to quickly lowering my fingers, turning to look at the still empty field whishing the game would start then. “Come on who was it? Was it?” she put a lot of emphasise on the last it so I turned to see who she thought it was and I saw her eyes directed to the changing room, were Josh stood looking slightly awkward with both Scar and Blaine. “Umm….do you really think Josh would kiss me, he is straight” I said in a deadpan voice hoping that would distract them. Suzie and Brixie just stared at me, with pointed looks I chuckled nervously running my hand through my hair.

“It was” said Brixie with excitement, “Who would have known Scar Mason was gay” said Suzi looking behind me at him. As if seeing him in a different light, she laughed “We should have known” Brixie laughed to and I just shook my head, it felt good them knowing about the kiss, I was now just wondering how Josh would take it, I know he was cool with gayness and I am sure he sees guys kissing a lot since his brother. But looking at him he seemed really awkward with Scar and Blaine and so did Rider who had joined their little circle.

I was brought out of my thoughts however when I heard my name “Hey, Max” I looked to see Robbie and a bored looking Vic, I waved laughing at Vic’s what the hell are we here for look he shot the back of Robbie’s head. Brixie and Suzie seemed surprised into silence something I hadn’t thought was possible because between them they could both talk for New night. “Max, you seen my two youngest brothers” asked Robbie glancing quickly at Suzi and Brixie, then back to me. I was about to speak when Robbie’s eyes snapped back to Suzi almost alarmed, but there was something in them which told me if he didn’t have his contacts his eyes would be changing colour. “Yeah they are over there” I said pointing behind me when Robbie seemed to rip his eyes off Suzi to look at me. He nodded seeming weird and he almost ran at Blaine and Scar. Vic was now really confused “Umm…yeah…so see you tomorrow Max” then he walked off flowing were his brother had gone.

I guess having a mind reader in the family they find out information faster than having to be told. Such as me now believing them and Scar inviting me round tomorrow. Brixie and Suzi were once again looking at me with raised eyebrows “You’re seeing them tomorrow” I nodded awkwardly “Umm….yeah….well Scar said he umm…..wanted me to meet his dad…..yeah….” I suck at lying but at least it sort of came off as awkward instead of lying. Grins spread across their faces obvious believing my lie “Wow are you to like together?” ask Brixie her smile growing, I looked over to were Scar and Blaine were now talking to Robbie and Vic leaving Josh and Rider to have a less awkward conversation between them. “no” they both frowned, so I shrugged just as a song started playing out of the speakers.