Chapter 5 - The Other Brothers

Thanks for reading my book...

Chapter 5 – The Other Brothers

Scar wasn’t in school the next day and Blaine was absent to, they weren’t in for a few days. Everyone seemed to have a different story about why they weren’t in school. Some of the rumours were saying they had got locked up again, and considering the how I first met Scar it might be true. The official excuse given to the school was that their mum rang in the first morning of their absents saying they had a family emergence and they need few days to help the rest of the family. Brixie like me seemed down all through the days they weren’t there, but neither of us seemed to have a reason, nothing was different, nothing had upset either of us, even Mich was nice and happy because he had final finished the divorce with his bitch of an ex-wife. The only thing I could think would make me feel like this was the absent of Scar, which is just weird. Brixie was acting normal enough but I could see the sadness in her eyes.

I sat in history drumming my pencil on the desk to a beat which was playing in my head on the third day of the Mason brother absents. Suzi was sat next to me, steadily writing whatever the teacher had put on the board listening like the golden student she was. On my other side was Brixie, she looked like a model student to but when I glanced down at her page it was blank apart from a few doodles which mostly consisted of stick men. I could also hear music blaring out of her head phones, which were stuck in both ears she was making no effort to hind them. I was surprised the teacher hadn’t picked up on it but being it was a male teacher and he was quite young I suppose Brixie could get away with anything if she put her eyes to work on him. I looked out the window, to the empty playing field were Blaine had healed my hand three days ago over the last few nights I had worked out that there was no normal explanation for how it happened and that scared me. I had always strongly believe that the books and movies were ridiculous yeah they were good and some could really scare me get my heart pumping and my pulse racing. And the romantic ones were good even a few of the real good ones brought me close to tears. But they weren’t real they were stupid and the people who wrote and created them would soon be slammed back to reality but now I was one of those people and it was very scary since my look on life was changing.

My eyes focused back on the glass of the window as something moved, I blinked to see it was Brixie moving forward in her seat blocking the window from my view. I turned back to the front of the class trying to tune back in to what the teacher was saying. Finally I managed to focus on the words which were tumbling out of the teacher’s mouth at an extremely alarming rate. When the bell rang I got up not fully playing attention to my actions. As my brain travelled back to mine and Scar’s afternoon session on my first day at this school even though it was only three days ago I felt like weeks had gone by. I remembered how handsome his face looked that close up, how I could see the shine of the water left on his lips from where his crossing tongue had ran across it. And how right it felt to sit and talk to him as well as be that close to him there hadn’t been any awkwardness between us. But then my mind wondered to the point when I thought and believed so hard that he was going to kiss me I had even let myself get giddy and excited about. And then he just looked at me with that glazed over expression and then he was gone, as if he had never been there.

I felt my eyes fill with water at the memory of the rejection; I quickly blinked away the tears not allowing myself to go through that weakness or embarrassment in a classroom full of people. I followed Suzi and Brixie out the class room without thinking, running on auto polite which I had learnt was easy to do in the last few days the only thing that truly snapped me from my thoughts was Josh slapping my on the back saying “Hey Man” I smiled up at him, and he grinned “I was wondering you know you said you were in the swim team in your last school” I nodded “Well do you want to try out for ours tomorrow lunch with me?” I smiled and nodded he beamed back and patted my head, I straight away checked my hair make sure he hadn’t messed it up “Thanks man well I got to go Science now” I waved him off, even though I had only known Josh a few day I knew the most about him out of all my knew friends.