THE WEDDING SCENE

**THE WEDDING SCENE**

“Aw, look, bubbles!”

I reach my hand into the little basket of bubbles, pulling out two. It’s right there when you walk in, on a tiny little clothed table with a sign-in book. I scribble my name along with Scene’s. I turn to the side to hand him the little bubble container.

He raises an eyebrow. “What’s this for?”

I shrug. “Dunno. But hold onto it.”

He smirks, sliding it into his front pocket on his black jacket. My eyes dance over the golf resort. It’s actually a lot prettier than I expected it to be; there’s a empty room decorated in yellow and green to match the tone, a bar, and a back room that holds lots of tables. The DJ is setting up his speakers in the empty room - probably for dancing later - while the photographer is going around and snapping pictures like crazy.

Outside, the fresh green grass is perfect. There’s white chairs lined up in two squares; one for my brother’s family and one for Ven’s family. There’s a tiny waterfall in the back, with a bunch of wild bunnies hopping around. It is a golf course, after all. Overall, it’s a really gorgeous place. My brother is going around, talking to everybody. I heard that Ven and the bridesmaids are in the bathroom, hiding from him until it’s time for the wedding to start. Bad luck if the groom sees the bride before the reception.

I see Scene’s mother mingling with the other people. They were both invited, so even if Scene wasn’t my date to the wedding he’d still be here. I’m glad they’re both here, they’re practically family.

Scene takes a hold of my waist, gliding me out to see the waterfall. There’s a couple bunnies hopping near it. I seriously want to take one home with me. “Can we keep one of those bunnies?”

Scene chuckles, shaking his head. “If you can catch one.”

My eyes dart over to see which one I want. “Challenge accepted.”

I almost go flying over to one, but Scene stops me before I can. “Nice try.”

I pout, looking up at him with wide eyes. “Will you get me a bunny?”

“No chance,” He looks towards the waterfall to avoid my face. “Stop that.”

“Not until you get me a bunny.”

He turns his head, leaning a tiny drop down to capture my lips. Damn him. He’s trying to take my mind of the bunnies. I can’t complain, because it’s working.  I lean into him slightly, curling my arms around his neck. His hands plant onto my waist and stay there solidly. 

And then there’s a click.

I tilt my head to the side, cutting off our kiss. There stands the sheepish photographer. “I know this isn’t the kiss I should be taking pictures of, but I couldn’t help it.”