Chapter 28: Thinking on Flights

Credit:

cartoonjunkie - DeviantArt

Runa

I rolled my bag across the ground. The weight of it felt much heavier than before. I didn't want to leave.

Mark and Elise decided to join us while waiting for our flight. We all sat together- not trying to get noticed- and talked for one last time. And it really seemed, like we were a real family. It was surreal.

I felt bad for snapping earlier, and I was actually trying to keep quiet because I didn't want to snap again.

Mark and Jack had sat down again and started talking. Just like the dinner the other night. It just makes my heart melt when they laugh together. I know they love each other. I just think they're scared to keep going.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand. I looked down and saw who it was. I sighed.

I was very hypocritical.

-

"Flight to London, Enlgand, is now boarding at gate 82."

All of us heard our flight be called. No one spoke, until dad did,

"Well, that's our flight." We all got up. I hugged Elise, and Mark and dad exchange last words.

"I'll miss you sis." I say. I feel Elise's head nod.

"Yeah, I will too." We pull apart and I look over at Mark. Elise hugs dad and I almost get emotional with Mark.

"Hey, it's okay hon." He could tell by my hitched breath that I was close to crying.

"I'm sorry.." I breathe. "I'm just really gonna miss you." I hug him tightly. "I love you."

"I love you to Runa." We pulled apart and it seemed like he was going to get upset.

"Alright, let's go Runa." I grabbed my carry on and stood next to dad.

"Bye, both of you." I wave. Elise waves back. Dad wraps his arm around me and we walk to our gate. Handing the lady our tickets before we disappear into the plane.

Both dad and I sit next to each other. I couldn't help myself from becoming extremely sad. I put my hand to my mouth and tried my best not to cry. I looked away from dad so he wouldn't see me. It didn't work.

"Rune.. Look at me." He grabbed my hand and I couldn't help myself from nearly sobbing as loud as possible in a plane. He hugged me and I tried to cry into his shirt, so I wouldn't make so much sound.

"Passengers, there is a storm forming near London. You may sit back and relax as we wait for the storm to pass until we get the clear we can fly."

***

Elise

I felt myself jolt awake. Dad waking me up from my sleep.

"It's time to board." He tells me. I sigh and stand up. I grab my carry on and he hands me my ticket. We both walk to the line and wait for our section to be called.

Once we get our tickets scanned. We quickly find a seat and I try to cover myself up and fall back asleep. I didn't like being up right now.

I wondered if we could call them when we got back home? I wasn't sure if they had made it back or not. I totally forget how long it takes them. Plus I've been asleep... for how long? I'm not even sure.

I tried to put my hood back over my head and try to fall asleep again. It unfortunately didn't work. I just sat there thinking. I didn't really like it.

I pulled out my phone and sat at the search bar of Google. I typed in both mine and Runa's names to see what would come up together.

There was some articles about us, some fanart, and the fanart was cool. There was a picture with us that said, We're mischievous, we'll figure it out.

I just kind of wish we didn't have to find out about each other. If we could've just been a family. Instead of this confusing thing we are now.