Chapter 24: Idfc

Warning video curses

Credit:

Glossomer - Deviantart

Elise

We all went back to the hotel. I changed out of that terrible dress. I hated being in tight clothes like that.

I told Sean that I was going to go talk to dad, and I did go to his room. I don't think he was expecting this reaction out of me.

He opened the door to see me and waited for me to talk. I looked past him, not saying a word. I wasn't really sure what to say now.

He sighed and got down to my height, "Are you alright?"

I didn't reply, but his words made me start to tear up.

"El, talk to me." He brought me in a hug and I let the emotions out. I started crying on his shoulder. I hadn't been open to him in years. I couldn't hold it back any longer.

"I..." I wiped my eyes from the tears pouring out. "I just.. I've known my twin sister for a very short time, and now she's in the hospital.. And now Sean's upset because his daughters got a condition he never even knew about for all of these years."

"Sweetie I know. I was apart for Runa for a long time and it still hurts me to know she's in the hospital." He tells me. I continue to let my tears out and he gets back up to his height. "It's really late El, I think you should get some sleep. I don't really care where you sleep." And I knew he meant rooms.

"I'll just stay here, I'm already here." I sigh and walks over to Runa's bed. I heard dad turn the TV on but keep it low. It didn't take me long to get to sleep.

Mark

I sat up in my bed. I had my eyes closed but I wasn't sleeping. My breath was super shaky but I kept it hidden so I wouldn't wake Elise up. I took one of my pillows and put it in front of me, digging my fingers into the sides of it as if I was hugging someone. But I wasn't.

I turned the TV down lower and checked on Elise. I thought she might've been asleep, so I grabbed my room key and left the room.

While walking, I noticed I started crying. I quickly pulled myself together and tried to make it not as noticeable. I chose not to take the elevator, and I took the stairs.

I opened the door to the new floor and went down the hall. I really was hoping this wasn't a bad time.

I knocked on Jack's door. I hoped he was awake because I'd feel bad if he wasn't.

He opened the door but the chain was still attached to the door. I couldn't see his face as he spoke through the opening, "What do ye want?" It was obvious he was crying. That's probably why he didn't open the door.

"I just.. wanted to know if you were awake to talk." I admit to him.

"Talk about.. what?" He asks.

"I.. I don't really know." I did know but he would probably slam the door on me if I really did tell him.

After standing in the silence, his door closes for a moment, and then the sound of the lock unlatches. He opens his door, he wasn't in a shirt but was in shorts. I wasn't going to lie, it did turn me on.

He moves away from the entrance without saying a word. I walk in to his room, which was practically mine but backwards. I sit on the chair and he walks over to his bag.

"I know what ye want Mark." He slips a shirt on over his torso. "I just let you in anyways."

He sits on the couch and we sit in silence. I was choked up on my words every time I thought they'd escape. I thought they'd be the worst things to say. I finally get an idea in my head that hopefully wouldn't be so bad.

"If you knew why I was here.." I reposition myself in the chair. "Why were you upset?"

He leans back and sighs, "A mix of reasons." It was clear that he didn't want me to pry any farther.

"I'm really sorry Jack.. I really am. I know I've apologized to you so many times before. I know there is no excuse for what I did." I try to look into his eyes, "But it's almost been ten years. I've been hoping that I would get some sort of thanks for owning up to your mistakes. I haven't gone a day without it and I can't think normally without thinking I will never get one of those."

His lips press together and his eyes close shut. He shakes his head and gives a small chuckle. "Mark I forgave you a long time ago. Trust me, I know I was a dick then as well. But it's.. it's been so hard to forget the pain on Runa's face. I will always remember so clearly how scared she was. It's just been them all this time I guess." He rubs his eyes with his hands, then says words I hadn't been expecting, "But.. Mark I've missed you so damn much."

He finally makes eye contact with me and his eyes were filled with desperation. I knew something was terribly off.

I got up, my eyebrows scrunching in confusion as I got closer to Jack. His looks to me never changed. I took a deep breath, and smelt it.

"You're fucking drunk. How did you get drunk that fast."

"No shit." He only answers to my first statement. It's no wonder he was so emotional. He was very open when he was drunk.

He gave no warning as he grabbed the back of my neck. My lips smashed into his own. I had really wanted this for a long time, but I didn't want it like this. He was drunk. There was no way I was taking advantage of him while he was drunk.

"Jack." I pulled away from him. "You're drunk. I'm not talking to sober you so I won't do this."

"Who said we had to go that far?" He whispers into my ear. It was seductive but I still wasn't sure.

"Sean you aren't thinking straight." I tell him. He pulls me so I'm on top of him on the couch.

"Of course I'm not!" He pulls me in for another kiss and this time it was hard to resist.

Elise

I woke up and saw the clock had not moved much from when I slept. It was so hard to sleep when your sister was in the hospital.

I got up and looked for dad, but was very confused when I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked out the window and saw his rental was still there. He hadn't left, where'd he go?

Then it clicked.

I had to go see what was going on. I grabbed the two key cards and left the room. I ran to the elevator and went to Jack's floor. I ran to his room and put in the key card. I quietly opened the door and peaked my head through.

My eyes went wide as I saw the two making out on the couch. I decided to close the door, not interrupting them. I was just majorly confused.

I decided to ignore the fact of those two in that room. I went back up to dads room and went back in. I went to dads pants that he left lying on the ground and took out his wallet.

"I'm really sorry dad." I muttered to myself. I took the remaining $60 of his money in there. I slipped on a light jacket, and wrote a small note for dad.

I went down the elevator and out of the lobby. I walked out to the street and hailed a taxi.