Chapter 12: Shower Perspectives

Also if you don't like periods then don't read this xD

Elise

"Hey dad, I'm gonna take a shower." I tell Sean. I already had my clothes in my hand.

"Alright." He gets up and walks out of the room. I shut the door and start the shower. I take off my shirt and hear the door open. My head- and only my head whips around.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. He just was on his phone. He looked up at me and held his hands up.

"Chill child. Just getting ye your music."

What?

I nervously turned back around while he was on his phone, completely not paying attention to me. I quickly finished getting undressed and got into the shower.

Was that something they did often?

"Okay here ya go." I hear heavy metal music start playing from his phone. This is what Runa listened too?

I heard the door close and sighed with relief. Then I thought back to the music. With how nice and sweet Runa was, she listened to hard rock and heavy metal? That was a twist.

Runa

I was currently in the shower. I tried to calm down after the messages. Mark said he was going to do something about it, I don't know what.

It was a little quiet not having music being played. Dad always played my music for me. Sometimes he'd stand outside of the bathroom and listen to my music if it was a song he liked.

I didn't take long in the shower, since I didn't have my music. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. I dried myself off and stepped out. I started putting on my underwear and heard a knock.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Uh.. Elise. I wanted to talk to you. I'm not going to come in or anything." He sighs. "But I feel like it'd be easier for you to talk on the other side of a door. Since you don't really like talking to me face to face about serious things.."

"Yeah.." I mutter. I walk to the door and listen to him.

"Okay, so, before those text messages were sent. You seemed really happy. I don't know what happened when you were gone, but I'm glad it's made you happy. It's really nice to see you smile and hear you laugh. I'm glad you're becoming more interactive with the life I have." He takes a breath. "And for those messages, I called them in. If they know anything more they will call back. But they'll only call back if more people call with the same problem so.."

I just couldn't stop thinking of how Elise didn't spend time with her dad because she didn't think he wanted her around, and he really did but let her be. It was an infinite loop.

I swing the door open, still in my towel. I wrap my arms around him and embrace him in a hug.

"I'm really glad you care.. But please" I take a pause, "don't think of this as a normal thing. I will tell you why I'm like this, but I can't tell you now. Let's just enjoy how it is now." I pull away and put my hand on my towel, keeping it up.

His hand ran over my right arm. "They're almost gone.. Aren't they? You can't even see them.."

"Uh.. Yeah." I stared at my arm.

How many things had Elise kept from me about herself?

Elise

This was bad. Bad.

I hadn't thought about it. I thought I'd be back in time to dads when I started my period. I didn't think to pack anything, and Runa I guess has never had her period.

I told my dad once. I wasn't very comfortable telling a man I'd known for three days that I needed things. But I had to do it.

"D-Dad?" I call out.

"Yeah?" I hear him ask from a different room.

"Can you come to the door?" I couldn't talk to him face to face. So this was my option.

I heard him take a drink of whatever he had, then he got up and walked over. He stopped at the door.

"Alright, what's up?" He asked.

"I'm really going to count on you to use your brain here dad." I tell him.

"Oh lord this is sounding scary." He chuckles. I take a breath.

"Okay so things happened while I was in the shower... Lady things.." I hoped that would explain it.

"Yep, I'm going to the store. I'll be back."

"Thank you!" I laugh. His reaction was better than dads. Dad kinda stood in place not knowing what to do.

Now I just had to wait uncomfortably in the bathroom.