Chapter 8 What?

A/a Sorry for not updating in a while I've been watching the Olympics, playing video games, and reading a lot of Wattpad stories 😅. Anyways here's the chapter
---------------------------------------------

Christine kept reading her book, trying to block out everyone and study. Yes study. The movie's coming out soon she's gotta be ready! Dan kept poking her book, but when she looked up at him with a death glare, he immediately stopped. Then they just sat in a comfortable silence. They either played on their phones or read. As Christine was reading her book, her favorite song came on and she started to nod her head to the beat, and lip sync.

"You'll never break me you'll never change me, no! La, da, da, da, da, la, da, da, da! You'll never break me you'll never change me, no! La, da, da, da, da, la, da, da, da! I've waited 10 long years just to look in the mirror just to look in the mirror and find just what I'm staring at. I've waited ten long just to tell you I'm fearless. You don't understand I've become who I am!"

"Yes! Did it on time! That was my favorite part." She thought.

She leaned back onto the wall, satisfied with herself. She looked up, and saw everyone looking at her weirdly.

"Did you just have a music seizure?" Slade asked, causing Jen to snort as she tried to contain her laughter.

Christine shrugged and continued reading. Jen had just calmed down from her laughter session, and Christine had just realized something at that point.

"Dude where's Maykayla?! I just remembered that she's not here!" She yelled, kind of panicked.

"She texted me saying she won't be able to make it to school today because she was sick." Jen said. Christine let out a sigh of relief and continued reading. 

"Um, Christine, can I talk to you outside for a minute please?" Dan asked, taking a quick glance at Damian.

"Really? 5 minutes after I started reading again. It's like your trying to break my concentration." She thought.

"Sure." She answered, and sliding of the table and onto a wheelchair that was in front of it. Dan held the door open, as she rolled out.

"Soooo what's up?" She asked, turning around.

"Nothin' much, I just have a quick question." He said.

"Shoot." She said, leaning her arms down on her legs.

"Why do you hang out with Damian and let him stick around?" He asked and she smirked.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." And with that she wheeled herself back into the room.

"So what was that about?" Damian asked, Christine parking herself in front of a table.

"Nothin'. He just had a question that's all." She answered, pulling herself up onto the table.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom be back in 10." Damian said, getting up and leaving. Christine shrugged, before grabbing her book and fixing her position. Before she open her book, someone poked her side. It caught her off guard and felt weird, so she leaned to the other side. Problem is there is no there side.

"Eh meh he." She made random noises, as she tried not to fall. She lost her balance and almost fell, before steadying herself. She whipped her head around, and saw Dan standing there, smirking. She wanted to yell at him, but she thought of a better plan. She lifted up her book and was about to swing it.

"Whe-where am I?" A voice asked. That cut Christine off, before she got to hit Dan in the face. She looked over and saw Phoenixx, sitting up in her bed while looking around. They didn't say anything, because it looked like she figured it out for herself. Christine quickly looked around, because she was expecting her aunt to run up and shower Phoenixx with hugs. But, nothing. Christine looked back at Phoenixx and saw her entire body twitch. Christine jumped back, causing her back to clash hard into the wall. At first Christine thought Phoenixx was having a seizure, but she didn't keep twitching and her heart rate only went up on that one twitch before returning to normal.

"G-guys I gotta tell you something." Phoenixx said, sounding kinda scared. She looked at all of them, and stopped at Dan. She looked him up and down, and squinted. Oh right..... Dan and Phoenixx were never really close.

"I-I'm a pythreo or pyth for short, I have to be fully submerged in saltwater every 3 hours or I'll go insane and now is one of those ti-" She didn't get to finish her sentence, before she started to laugh uncontrollably and twitching. Christine jumped back again, this time her head hitting the wall. She winched and put her hand on the back of her head.

"To the ocean!" Jen yelled. Christine slid down into the wheelchair and rolled over to the door, holding it open.

"On three...... One....... Two...... Three!" Dan counted, as they all lifted her up. They ran out the door and Christine followed. They weren't going very fast so it was easy for Christine to catch up, and open the doors for them.

"Good thing the Naval Hospital is by the beach or we'd be screwed." She thought.

They made it outside and they had to jump a little gate thing to get to the water. They successfully did it and Christine....... Just did some cool wheelchair trick and prayed she'd make it. Luckily for her, she did.

"Oh my god, quit squirming!" Slade yelled. Christine rolled her eyes and rolled over to them, trying to catch up. They made it to the beach and dropped Phoenixx in the water. Christine looked over the edge, trying to see Phoenixx. Christine felt her chair go forward a little, and she started to freak out. Dan immediately grabbed the handles and pulled her back. She was taken back by this, and almost just straight up fell without the chair. She gripped onto the arm rests for dear life.

"Thanks." Christine said, a little embarrassed. She, cautiously, looked over the edge and saw Phoenixx coming back up.

"Thanks guys." Phoenixx sheepishly said, blushing a little bit.

"Good thing she pale." Christine thought, with a stupid grin.

"So anything else we should know about you?" Slade asked, crossing his arms. Phoenixx looked down, hesitant and like she was debating with herself, weather or not to tell them.

"Don't freak out but, only if I'm COMPLETELY happy it will wor," Phoenixx said, emphasizing on the word "completely", before being cut off.

"Oh, just get on with it!" Jen complained and rolled her eyes. Christine gave Jen a look and slapped her arm. Jen gave Christine a look, and Christine dilated her eyes towards Phoenixx, before looking back at Jen. Jen huffed and crossed her arms, before turning back to Phoenixx. Christine rolled her eyes at Jen and turned her attention back to Phoenixx. Phoenixx took a deep breath.

"Well I can kinda sorta read minds." Phoenixx said, speaking really fast.

"Good thing I can understand people when they talk fast. But, in a way she didn't really say it that fast." Christine thought.

They all slowly backed up.

"How long has she been listening?"

"How much has she heard?"

A/a hey I'm back! I know I've been like dead for like ever but, at least I updated something that was related to the actual story line!
Anyways please Comment, Vote, Share, all that good stuff
Peace out my Bubbles ✌🏻️😛