Chapter 4 A Walk By The Beach And Sight With An Old Friend

A smile slid across the brunette's face at the thought of her secret spot.

"I have an idea. Follow me!" Christine excitedly  said, gesturing them to follow. They all shared a glance, shrugging, before going on and following her.

"So, Christine truth or dare?" Carson asked, walking beside her branch.

"Pardon?" Christine asked. Everyone paused and looked at her, giving her a weird look.

"What? What'd I say?" She asked, as they raised a brow at her.

"Did you just say 'pardon'?" Phoenixx asked.

"Yeah? Why?" Christine asked, stretching out each word.

"You never say stuff like that! You're never that sincere!" Jennifer answered, using hand motions to go with her sentence.

"I grew up in England what do you expect?" Christine responded.

"Well if you grew up on England you made a great transition from that to what ever you are now." Maykayla said, gesturing at Christine.

"I'm touched." Christine sarcastically replied, putting her hand on her heart.

They continued walking, taking some twists and turns. The walk was mostly quiet. Some little side conversations here and there. Some actual conversations between everyone, but it was mostly quiet.

"It should be right down here we're almost there." Christine said, pointing in front of her. She took in a deep breath, for she could smell the ocean breeze ahead.

"I smell the sea." She added, smiling a bit.

"How would you know that?" Carson sarcastically asked.

"I lived in Hawaii for 3 years by the pier, I'm pretty sure I know what the ocean smells like." Christine answered. She could fell the questioning looks she was getting from her friends.

"Okay, can you please explain this time line to me, because I'm really confused." Carson asked, causing Christine sighed.

"I was born here and when I was five we moved to England. When I was eight, we had to move to Hawaii because my dad was stationed there and we lived there for three years. Thats how I knew Dan. I grew up in England with him as my best friend. Then Dan also moved to Hawaii after I was there for a few months. And then we came back here with Dan's family following close behind us." She explained, with a smile as she gestured towards Daniel the entire time.

She saw the sun glittering through some of the trees up ahead, meaning they were getting closer. Her lips curved into a bright smile, and she started running. She ran through the branches and trees, doing any necessary flips, tricks, or whatever to look awesome and get there faster. She stopped once she reached the cliff in front of the beach. She jumped from the last branch to one of the huge rocks that were on the ground. She stopped at the last rock right on the edge of the cliff. She stared at the breath taking sight.

They others ran up beside her and looked at the beautiful beach in front of them, in awe. The sun was setting, making it look it's full glory. This was always the best time to come here.

"Wow this place is so....... Beautiful!" Jen said, searching for the word. Christine looked back at her friends and Damian, to see them all smiling. Except for Phoenixx. She just stood there shifting uncomfortably while looking at it longingly. Christine's smile faded into a concurred look.

"Phoenixx, you ok?" She asked.

"I..... I gotta go." Phoenixx replied, and with that she ran off towards the beach.

"Phoenixx!" Christine yelled, starting to chase her. On the side of the cliff was a path that kinda spiralled down around the cliff that lead to the beach. Christine ran towards the trees that were right beside the path and went as fast as she could. Phoenixx dropped all her stuff on the beach as she ran. Christine grabbed Phoenixx's bag as she ran by. Christine launched herself from the branch she was on, landing on the wet sand. I know what your thinking.

How?

Simple answer. She could walk on the beach only because of the water that is in the sand that cancels out everything. Christine stopped right where the water started washing up on the shore, after Phoenixx jumped in the water. Christine was about to call out to her, or dive in after her, but she saw Phoenixx talking to someone. And she recognized her. It was her old friend.......

"Crystal......"