Chapter 5 Sleepover?

Christine saw Crystal in the water with Phoenixx. She didn't know what to do, so she just dropped her stuff and ran. She ran (well climbed I guess) all the way home, with tears in her eyes. Once she got home, she slammed the door shut, and went to my room. She slammed her door shut and climbed up the latter to her bed, since she had a bunk bed. She flopped onto her pillow, and let her warm tears flow down her face.

"I thought she was dead. No. I was told she was dead. I saw her dead body. Her crying family. I was the one who found her. I was the one who found her lifeless body at the bottom of the tree. I was the one who called the police and held her until they came. I was the one who paced back and forth and avoided sleep in the hospital. I was the first person they told. I can't believe this. She faked her death. That's the only way."

She had all these thoughts buzzing through her brain. Her phone was buzzing like crazy, but she ignored it. She didn't care. She soon drifted of into sleep, not even bothering to change her clothes.

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️   ⚜️  

Christine woke up to the sound of her alarm buzzing softly. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and turned it off. She guessed that because it was in her pocket, it's why it wasn't so loud. She jumped down from her bed and walked to her closet. She put on a Batman t-shirt with a picture from "Frank Millers: The Dark Knight Returns" (pic above for those peps who don't know 😑), a pair of jeggings, and her high-top Batman Converse. She put on her switchable Harley Quinn and Joker jacket, the Harley Quinn side currently showing, and threw on her Batman backpack. She knew she was obsessed, and people needed to get over it.

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️   ⚜️

Christine didn't wait outside today, instead just went to class early. She sat at her desk, listening to music, while reading one of her comic books for the 5th hundredth time. She was listening to her playlist that had Set It Off, Hamilton, and Heathers on it. Most of the songs coming up were Set It Off songs, because that's what was mostly on the playlist. She liked the songs a lot, because it's the genre she listened to (pop rock) and she can relate to the songs. She also had a few of her favorite books on my desk, but she was reading "The Killing Joke". She couldn't wait for the movie to come out. As she was reading, a song that describes how she feels right now came on. "I'd Rather Drown" by Set It Off. She smiled, listening closely and carefully to each lyric.

"No doors exist in my fortress. The only entrance is the one I bare. Your nothing more than a temptress. I fell victim to a heartless snare."

She smiled while reading her book. She was almost at her favorite part. The song changed to "I Think It's Arrogance".

"I think I'm gonna be sick. If you speak another word I don't mean to be absurd. It's just how I feel right now."

"I think today is gonna be better than yesterday." She thought, with a smile.

Then the bell rang.

"Great." She thought.

Her smile faded, and turned to an angry/concentrated look. "Why Worry", also by Set It Off, was now on.

"I guess this makes up for it." She thought.

Students started pouring in, while she just focused on her book and the words of the song.

"Why do we insist on crossing bridges that do not exist?"

She sighed as the last of the students started to come in. Her friends looked at her, before sitting down. She usually only did this when she was mad or had something on her mind. They could probably tell which one from her facial expression.