Chapter 37

Armani

My eyes swept over the crowd of people. I was suppose to be trynna kill somebody, but I'm not feeling it. I don't want to be around people right now. I inhaled the smoke from my blunt and turned around, accidentally bumping into somebody.

The drink got all over my Givenchy tshirt. I threw my blunt down on the floor and grabbed some napkins from off the counter to tend to my shirt. "You should watch where the fuck you going" I say without looking up.

When I looked up, I immediately regretted saying that cause shordy standing in front of me is perfect.

"My bad" I apologize.

"It's fine." she says while smiling. "You're Mani right?" she asks.

I nodded, keeping my eyes fixed on hers.

"You want to get out of here?" she asked.

"I can't right now. I have something I need to do. Gimme your number"

After we exchanged numbers, I left. I had to meet with Desiree and my lawyer in a hour.

*

"Are you sure this is what's best?" my lawyer asked me.

I nodded and slouched back in my chair. "Where's the fucking papers at?"

He slid me the papers and a pen. I glanced at Desiree to see she was staring at me with teary eyes.

"You can't say I didn't try to change for you" I say to Desiree, before signing my name on the dotted line.

I slid the paper to Desiree, waiting for her to sign her name too, but she didn't.

"What you waiting for? You said you wanted to break up, so sign this shit." I snapped.

The constant sound of someone tapping a pen was making me mad. I was really trying to keep my cool, but I couldn't.

"I really hate you Desiree. I promise I do. Ion want to talk to you ever again, unless it's about my son." I say before leaving.

As I was walking to my newly repaired Bentley, I hear Desiree call my name.

I wiped my eyes and put my shades on so she couldn't see that I had just got done crying.

"Didn't I ju tell you ion want to talk to you." I snapped.

"I'm sorry Mani."

"I'm not. I'm glad this shit happened. You can find somebody to treat you how I should've."

I lean against my car, patiently waiting for her to say something interesting.

"You gon speak, or are we done here?"

"Don't be like that." she said.

"Don't be like what? For weeks I tried to get you back an you acted like you didn't care. Then last night, you told me you wanted to break up, so we gon do this shit. There is no going back from this Desiree. Like you said, it's for the best"

A tear fell from her eyes, an I almost cared, but I couldn't give a single fuck right now.

"You can have the mansion an everything else I've ever gave you. Have a blessed life" I say before getting in my car and pulling off.

*

I laid my head on Jaden's lower stomach, enjoying the feeling of her fingers playing in my hair.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk?" she asked me.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around her body. She was warm, and smelled really good.

"Well, are you hungry? I can cook you something."

"I'm not in the mood to eat anything" I said.

"You look all pale an shit. Do you take medicine?" she asked.

"Yeah, but ion want to take it right now."

"You should. Your skin is getting really cold. Do you want me to take you to the hospital?"

I sat up and got the Percocet pills from off my nightstand. Without thinking, I took 5 of them and laid back down. Jaden was staring at me with an unreadable facial expression.

"Don't keep looking at me" I mumbled.

"Just because she left doesn't mean you have to do this shit." she said.

"Fuck her. Ion need her, ju like ion need you. Ion need nobody. Ju get the fuck out" I snapped.

I'm never letting another bitch in. Ever. To protect my feelings, I gotta push people away. It is what it is.