Chapter 4

Desiree

It was 6am and someone was banging on the door. I wasn't about to answer it seeing as how this isn't my house. So I reached over and tapped Mani's shoulder until she woke up.

When she sat up, her chest was soaked in sweat and she was breathing heavy. "What?" she said,

"There's somebody at your door."

She rolled her eyes and laid back down, "Answer it for me."

I wasn't going to, but whoever it was, wasn't about to stop banging on the door. I threw the covers off my body and grabbed Mani's shirt from off the edge of the bed. It stopped at my knees and smelled really good.

The girl at the door looked really familiar, I just didn't know where I knew her from.

"How may I help you?" I say, with a fake smile.

She rolled her eyes, "Where's Mani?"

"She's sleep right now. Do you want me to tell her something for you?"

"Just tell her to stop having her lil hoes answer the door."

I chewed the inside of my cheek, "I'll be sure to tell her later."

"No, tell her now."

I turned around and bumped into Mani. She didn't look very happy, in fact, she looked really sick.

"You really don't listen, you know that right?" she said, dryly.

"Why is she here?" the girl asked, pointing to me.

"Why are you here? Damn, you got one more time to show up unannounced before I kill you."

Before the girl could say anything else, Mani closed the door in her face.

It was obvious Mani was stressed and I wasn't going to talk to her about it. If she wants my help all she has to do is ask. She laid on the bed and sighed. I climbed onto her back and began massaging her shoulders.

"If you want to talk about whatever is bothering you, I'm down to listen." I said.

"Maybe later." she turned, so I was now straddling her waist. "You know what would make me happy?"

I rolled my eyes already knowing what she was about to say. "No Mani. We can't do that."

"Yes we can. Just take your clothes off an I'll do the rest." she smiled innocently.

"I don't know why you don't want to fuck anyway, you fucking somebody else?" she sat up and folded her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, I'm fucking somebody else as we speak." I mumbled, sarcastically.

"Or do you not feel the same way I feel about you?"

I attempted to move from off of her, but she held me in place. "Answer my question." she said, staring in my eyes.

"I don't know Mani. I feel so much hatred for you, but deep down I still love you. I'm just confused, okay? So can we stop talking about this?" I snapped, growing irritated.

"I will for now." she mumbled.

"When I want to fuck, I'll let you know."

"What about when I want to fuck?" she pouted.

"Fuck yourself."

Mani rolled her eyes and reached over, grabbing her phone. I continued to watch her facial expressions, then my eyes drifted down to her arms. For Mani to be so tall, she has some little ass hands.

"What are you doing for your birthday?" she asked me,

"Probably smoke, I don't know." I shrugged.

"Wanna go to a party?"

I shook my head, "I'm too old for parties."

"We was just at one last night."

"It was your birthday."

"And now it's about to your birthday, so tell me what you want to do besides smoke."

I shrugged, "Anything, as long as you're there with me."

"You probably want to do some gay ass shit like look at the stars or something."

I laughed, "No I don't. I just want to spend time with you."

Mani had the biggest smile on her face, "For real?"

I nodded and watched as she continued to smile. "Why you so smiley?"

"Cause I missed you."

"You could've called me or something." I said.

"I always used to call you. You never answered tho."

"I was busy."

"No the fuck you weren't, stop lying."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I don't like this vulnerable side of you."

She shrugged, "I didn't ask you, did I?"

I rolled my eyes, "It's way too early to be arguing with you. Just turn the fucking lights off and go back to sleep."

I got off of her and laid down on my stomach.

"Whatever." Mani mumbled before doing as I said.

*

Armani

I already knew Desiree would want to do some stupid shit people do on the movies, and I was busy plotting on what to do. Well, I'll do it after I finish ordering all this jewelry.

My phone vibrated, letting me know I have a notification. I realized Desiree had texted me and it confused me because she's sleeping right next to me.

I opened the message to find out she texted me a few hours ago before reading it. The first sentence made me smile and no matter how hard I tried to stop, I couldn't. I hate that she makes me smile when I don't want to.

I be chilling with a mean mug, then she'll say some shit like, 'Mani' and I instantly smile. Maybe it's her voice, that fucking accent of hers.

She makes me mad all the time, but then again she makes me happy. I be telling myself that I don't love her, but I do. I love her a lot, I just have a fucked up way of showing it.

As much as I want to change, I can't. These bitches just won't leave me alone. The fact that I have a weakness for bad bitches doesn't help. I be getting myself into a lot of shit and I need to chill before I fuck around and lose her for real.