Chapter Fifty Seven

Start from the beginning

She chuckled at the kids laughter in reply to her antics. Harry snickered along, shaking his head at his girlfriend who was still sitting next to Charlotte, holding on to her. "Evee's going to chase all these ducks away if she keeps hitting them on the head." Her boyfriend spoke to George.

"The ducks won't like you then." George spoke, looking at the blonde.

"Well, I have apologized." Eveline smiled at the toddler.

"I don't think George heard, have you heard Evee apologizing  to the ducks Georgie?" The blonde squinted her eyes at Harry biting his cheek.

"No, say sorry, else they'll be sad." George pouted his lips.

"You seriously don't want me to apologize to these freaking ducks?" She spoke mutedly , looking at Harry.

"I don't want you to, but George wants you to." Harry shrugged, looking all too innocently at her.

"If there's an article in The Sun about me apologizing to the wild fauna of Hyde Park, I will get you back for this." She spoke in a timid voice, ignoring Harry's held back laughter.

"I think you've hurt him, he looks all sad." George spoke, pointing at one random duck. It wasn't even the one she hit with the bread. This one was brown, the other one was black.

Evee sighed, "I'm sorry duck for throwing bread at your head."

"I think you should do it louder, I'm sure he didn't hear you."  Harry interrupted, looking at his girlfriend who was now ready to kill him. She did look cute when she stared at him like that.

"Sorry, duck." Eveline replied somewhat louder. "There see, he's all happy know." She almost wanted to slap Harry's upperarm, but realized that by now the few people that were in the park, started to recognize them. She could see them grabbing their phones and taking pictures from afar.

"We're all out of bread, George. Let's go back." Harry spoke. He was surprised when his nephew turned around, for once listening to him.

Evee uplifted Charlotte, carefully carrying her on her arm. When they finally reached the stroller, she placed Charlotte back in there, buckling her up. "Thanks James." The nurse smiled at the security guard who nodded his head at her.

When they walked back towards Kensington Palace, she could feel Harry's arm wrapping itself around her shoulder. George was still on his other hand and she was still pushing the stroller. "This is nice, right?"

"It is." Apart from everyone trying their best to take subtle pictures, she did feel quite calm.

"Give me a kiss." She heard him mumble right next to her ear. Turning her head upwards, she quickly pecked his lips. "That's it?"

"The photographers and the kids, Harry." She smiled, wrapping her one arm around his back. She didn't want the papers to write that they couldn't keep their hands off each other in front of George and Charlotte. "Plus the fact that you made me apologize to an animal that probably carries multiple deceases."

"It was pretty funny." Harry laughed, enjoying the way they walked through the park with the kids. He could get used to this.

She was about to shoot him an angry glare but when she heard Charlotte say, "Yes, 's funny."  She had to laugh.

Evee's laughter  had always been one of Harry's favourite sounds. He was addicted to the way he felt when they were laughing together, realizing in every banter  how much he enjoyed her and her every existence. Now watching her laugh so  easily with his nephew and niece, he realized he wanted her in every  aspect you could possibly have someone. He wanted her behind the  stroller, pushing his, no their, child. He wanted her in his arms, forever.

Because he had always been gawky and she was absolutely gorgeous.

He could be hopelessly boring but she was endlessly fascinating.

Her blonde hair blowing in the wind. He could smell her perfume, it could make his head swirl just by a fragrant of it.

He could feel her smile, even though she wasn't looking at him.

She was genuine and nice. She had such a good heart. She was funny, god she was so funny. She had been in the gutter so many times, but she had always managed to watch the stars. It was in that moment that he realized he wanted to laugh with her forever. He wanted to watch the stars with her. He wanted to face every season with her. Storm or no storm. He wanted her to be his wife.

So he walked with her, his arms firmly wrapped around her shoulders, thinking that if people were the rain, he would always be drizzle and she would always be a hurricane.