23.

Ezra.
January 1st, 1993
5:02 P.M.

I stood there watching her from afar. I noticed she'd take glances at me every so often but she couldn't even look me in my eyes.

Abdul was hosting his annual New Years event where everyone got dressed up and had a good time. Lauren was his arm candy for tonight as she had been the last couple of times I've seen her.

She no longer looked like her usual self. She looked like she had matured. Lauren had cut off all of her hair and dyed it blonde. I'll admit she had looked very gorgeous.

Cliff, Nas, and I stood next to a stair case making sure everything went right

Cliff, Nas, and I stood next to a stair case making sure everything went right. We all wore all black suits and black shades. Abdul said that we had to be here tonight to monitor any suspicious business. Tonight he would be making a huge drug deal with the Asians and they are some sneaky people so he needed us there.

Lauren had ya boy sprung I ain't gonna front. Although Erin was now my girlfriend, Lauren and I still were having sexual relations on the side. We just couldn't leave each other alone. The good news is Abdul hadn't caught on. I planned on keeping it that way.

I noticed Lauren excuse herself and leave the table. She made her way over to where I was standing. I leaned down as she whispered in my ear.

"Come upstairs to the bathroom in two minutes."

I simply nodded and waited. Two minutes later I was making my way upstairs. I
made sure to watch my surroundings and it looked as if no one had caught on.

I made my way to the bathroom and the door to it was unlocked so I took it upon myself to go in there. And she was pacing back and forth occasionally sighing.

"What's wrong?" I asked knocking her out of her thoughts.

"I know things are looking a little crazy right now, but trust me. Everything is gonna be okay." Lauren said trying to assure me.

"Lauren I don't know.."

"No one has to know but us, just do as I say. Ezra, I'm in love with you and I don't wanna lose you. At this point I'll do anything to keep you."

To shut her up I just kissed her.

"It's alright like you said. Nobody has to know."

"Okay I have to go. I'll swing by your place tonight."

"Give me another kiss before you go."