15.

Nas.
March 28th, 1992
9:18 A.M.

I woke up this morning determined. Determined to eat, determined to pay the light bill, determined to hustle.

I was upset about my brother leaving me and moving to California. Ever since we were younger we had big dreams of making it out together. He was never supposed to leave without me. I just couldn't get over that. We was supposed to make it out together.

I sighed while shrugging before getting up and rushing to the bathroom. The sunlight lit up the house so I was able to see. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then brushed my hair making sure my waves were noticeable.

I was tired of the same ole shit everyday. I don't wanna live like this. Living from paycheck to paycheck. Shit is pathetic.
I need to feed my family and to do that I have to gain Nino's trust. Ezra can't do this shit alone because whatever he doing with the money ain't cutting it.

First thing on my list was to see Whitney. I haven't seen her since the last time I was in school and that was a little while ago.

I took the short walk to her house. It's a beautiful day and I ain't even happy. I'm never happy.

Once I got up to her porch I held up my hand to answer the door but I was interrupted when the door was opened.

"Whit-" I was interrupted again when she embraced me in a hug quickly.

"I missed you.." She mumbled into my shirt.

"I missed you too." I said kissing her on the forehead.

She finally released me from the hug before signaling me to come into the house. I followed her in, looking around.

"Hey Nasir!" Whitney's mother squealed as I walked over to her.

"Hey ma!" I smiled brightly.

"Why you ain't came to see me boy?" Ms. Wynne questioned me.

Ms. Wynne is a very beautiful woman. Her and Whitney favor so much, they are a splitting image of each other. Not to mention Ms. Wynne is thick as hell. That's why Whitney got all that ass now.

"I ain't even gotta answer for you, ma."

"Don't let it happen again." She said as I hugged her.

"I won't." I stood back up following Whitney to her room.

I plopped down her bed as I have done many time before and stared at the ceiling.

"It's like you don't come around anymore." Whitney started our conversation.

"I just been busy." I briskly spoke.

She just stared up staring at me with a curious look on her face.

"What you done got yourself into Nasir?" She questioned with one eyebrow raised.

"What you mean?" I said with a small smirk on my face.

"I know you, Nas! You done did something that you're now regretting and now you're gonna come and confess then ask me for advice. So spill it." She said making me sit up.