21.

Nas.
October 10th, 1992
1:09 P.M.

"Yooo?" I spoke as answered my phone.

"I think the baby is coming, Nas." I recognized Keisha's voice.

"What? Already?" I immediately jumped up off of the couch.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go to the hospital." Keisha was so nonchalant.

"Okay I'll meet you there." I said before hanging up.

Once I got off the phone with Keisha I immediately called Pac. He wanted me to let him know when Keisha went into labor for some reason.

"Wassup?" He answered.

"Keisha's in labor."

"I felt it in my soul that she would be going into labor today. That's why I caught the next flight to New York. I should be there in a couple of hours."

I chuckled lowly to myself, a brother's intuition is something else.

"Alright I gotta go, I'll see you when you get here."

I went downstairs to let my mother know that the baby was on the way.

"Ma! Keisha's in labor!" I yelled to her over the sound of the radio she had playing while cleaning.

Over the last few months my whole family had become better. We were all closer than ever. My relationship with both my mother and father had improved. And the bonds with my brothers had grown stronger. I was beyond happy about us being closer.

Tupac started visiting after his career took off. He was mad at us for a minute when we didn't go to his first movie premiere until he started working on his second one.

For Chauncey things were also going well. He had him a job at a local shoe store and he also had a cute girlfriend. Chauncey has some scouts looking at him and he is bound to have a full ride to college after he graduates.

Ezra has been in love these last few months. He's been dating that girl Erin that we saw at the club that night. I don't know what it was about that boy with strippers. I also know that he was still seeing Lauryn, she has to have some type of hold on that boy and I just can't put my finger on it.

I've just been cooling from relationships. I wasn't even having sex anymore, I was really on my grind. I was working on my music and I was still slinging the drugs.

I haven't spoken to Whitney ever since that day at Coney Island despite me trying to reach out to her. I was hurt she wouldn't even talk to me but I have to move on.

Aaliyah and I decided to be friends and that's it. I'll admit it's cool just having someone to talk to and not lust after them. We also decided that when I made it big, we'd do a collaboration.

"Oh my god Nasir I'm so excited! I'll be at the hospital when your father gets home. Good luck son." She smiled at me.

I left out the kitchen and made my way to my car. Just as a started it up someone startled me and knocked on the window. I immediately looked up to see Chauncey with a big grin on his face.

"Yo?"

"Lemme ride with you," Chauncey said while opening up the passenger door.

On the way there I was super nervous. It had finally hit me that I was gonna be a father. This shit wasn't a game.

Tupac
October 10th, 1992
5:46 P.M.

I walked into the hospital going straight to the front desk.

"Hi, did Keisha Davis have her baby yet?" I politely asked the receptionist.

"Actually I'm not sure but assuming you're family of Keisha, the rest of her family is over there." She said pointing to my parents, Keisha's parents, and my brothers.

"Okay thank you-" She cut me off.

"Are you Tupac?" She squinted while looking at me.

"Yeah." I immediately started smiling.

"Oh my gosh! Can I have your autograph?"

"Sure." I said as she slid me a book.

I signed it and proceeded to walk over to my family who I haven't seen in a while. I gave my mother a huge hug along with a kiss on the cheek. I shook everyone else's hands.

"So did she have the baby?"

"We're not sure, Nas went to help deliver the baby about an hour ago." Chauncey answered.

"Okay, how have y'all been?" I asked everyone.

Everyone replied and we just sat there waiting.

Pretty soon a doctor walked out and asked for the family of Keisha. We all got up and he told us that Nas had successfully delivered the baby and that we could finally go visit.

I was happy that we have a new family member, something to tie this family tighter.

Nas.
A few hours later

I watched with tears in my eyes as the doctors cleaned her off. She was everything to me and I had yet to even hold her tiny hands. She's so sweet and innocent. I could never imagine why someone like me could ever have a gift so great.

Her beautiful big brown eyes, her soft, curly hair, I was just so mesmerized by her beauty. I had finally fallen in love and I never thought I could be in love like this.

"Would you like to hold her?" Keisha asked me with a small smile.

"Yes." I said barely above a whisper.

The minute she handed her over, my baby opened her eyes. I am the first person she ever saw. My heart melted as she slightly moved in my hands.

"Nas...What do you wanna name her?" Keisha questioned.

"Destiny." 

This gift I was holding in my arms, she's my Destiny. She's the reason I'm changing. This little girl means the world to me and she has no clue.

My family walked into the room and everyone looked at me while I looked at Destiny.

Just when you think you have nothing, God gives you everything.

***

Omg sorry for the wait! I haven't forgot about you guys but apparently writer's block has😭. I didn't mean to make this chapter short but I didn't wanna drag it out. Hopefully I'm back for good, anwayssss excuse any mistakes, comment and vote.