7.

Omar.
February 28th, 1992
5:28 P.M.

"Nassss! Guess what man?" I was too happy.

"Whaaaat?" Nas was just waking up from a nap.

"So I was walking down 40th street and I saw this poster. The poster said they was having auditions for someone to open up for Slick Rick's concert he's having. Auditions are Friday, so guess what I did for you?"

"You signed me up?" He sighed.

"You diddly darn sure I did." I was trying to make this a happy moment.

"Look, I appreciate it and everything but I just got a lot on my-" I cut him off.

"Man I'm supposed to be your manager. This could lead to something big man! You need to audition and if you don't make it then oh well, but I know most likely you will. You're talented man." I said trying to convince him.

"Man when the auditions?"

"Friday at 6. You need to be fresh. And you have to write your own rhymes."

"Fine I'll do it then." He said sighing again.

I sat down next to him.

"Stop doubting yourself man. I know you got it." I gave him encouragement.

"I'm not worried about that. It's just that Keisha told me she might be pregnant."

My jaw dropped, literally. He started laughing at me.

"Well when did y'all-" He stopped me.

"Man in January she lost it to me. And ever since I've been hitting that on the regular. But I've been wearing condoms so I don't see what the problem is."

"Man these hoes be trapping niggas. I swear they get pregnant so they can get benefits from the government. It should be a crime." I said while licking my lips.

"Man what imma do with a child?" He asked me with a worried look on his face.

"I doubt she pregnant. But if she is it might not be your child since you said you been wearing condoms."

"So you think she been cheating?" He now looked angry.

"All I'm saying is you need to see who else she was fucking with."

"You right." He said while
clenching his fist.

"Man if that bitch really pregnant, tell her to get an abortion."

"Wait the first time we did it which was last month I told her I would pull out." He added.

"Damn man your pull out game weak as a fuck." I died laughing.

Nas.
February 28th, 1992
9:02 P.M.

I knocked on Keisha's door for the third time tonight. This time her brother answered the door.

"Wassup Nas?" Her brother said while dapping me up.

Keisha hadn't told any of her family she was pregnant. We we positive that she was pregnant because she had a doctors appointment yesterday that confirmed it. I'll admit when she first told me I was scared as hell. What the hell imma do at 17 years old with a child?