Reyna XXVI

| DISCLAIMER |

THERE WERE BE NO SUCH REMARK OR THOUGHT

THAT THE IDEA OF JEYNA WILL EVER HAVE A PLACE

IN THIS STORY EXCEPT FOR JIPER OR JASPER 

sincerely,

sarcasm 

"YOU'RE ENTIRELY BONKERS BUT

I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET.

ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE."

- Alice in Wonderland (2011)

PART TWO 

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - S I X

 ALL OF THIS WAS COMING BACK TO HER LIKE A BAD DREAM REYNA had just been woken from in the middle night drenched with sweat and itching to get a glass of water. Reyna felt petrified, the fear filling her with anxiety. She striped the blanket off from her body leaving her bare legs damp as the air conditioner slowly cooled the room. 

Then, an electrifying shock went through her and she chocked on her own spit as she grasped for air, her hands clutching onto her shirt for her dear life. Reyna's pupils widened and for what felt like forever, she managed to gasp that ended with a coughing-fit. finally, she chocked out what seemed like a vintage 1800s clock and her heart started to beat at the idea it were possible for a clock to get stuck in her neck. 

She rubbed the glass on the non-living beating object imagining for a split second, wondering what would have happened if the glass shattered when it had been in her thought. Her thumb wiped the dust off the device until her hand was left with nothing except for the blanket she had been rubbing for the past few moments.  

Reyna loathed clocks for many reasons and the most common one that most people choose to despise clocks is for the fact that it reminded her how much time she has wasted doing nothing but sitting down on the hospital bed gazing up at the outdated ceiling, that was most definitely from the 90s since it was an infamous popcorn texture.

There was a clock seated next to her on top of the nightstand and to her surprise it was already 8:00 when it had just felt like 6:40 when she had woken up from a dreadful sleep that consisted mainly of her not sleeping. She rested her hand on the object and adjusted it to the other side so the time was gazing at the wall. That was better.

The doctor came in shortly after. He wore a tinted cotton, white lab coat and her blonde hair was pinned up in a pony tail and a tag testing on her pocket that read Dr. Hermes. Reyna gazed up at the light above the ceiling, her eyes glassy from loss of sleep. That hour went by in a blur as she addressed her and told her again what everyone had told her before.

"You are lucky to be alive with us, Reyna." Dr. Hermes said in a sincere voice eyeing her very carefully with not a mixture of pity but as if he were pleased with her.

"Am I really?" She asked, her voice sounded as if she had just awoken from her slumber a few moments ago. "I feel like crap."

"That does not come to my surprise." He said matter of factually. "I'd be surprised if you weren't." Then, he laughed. 

She quirked in eyebrow feeling like she had been mocked in her own future death bed.