"See I told you "said Lajo as she skipped out of the room in a much happier frame.

"How is your ankle now Lekha" asked Vasundhara.

"Much better, but I am bored to death lying here" I said.

"Do you want to go out? I was thinking of visiting a friend nearby" she asked.

"But how will I travel?" I asked.

"You don't worry about it. I will ask Suraj bhaisa for help" she said smiling broadly.

"What are you up to now? There seems to be some conspiracy going on here" I said all suspicious.

"Why are you thinking like this Lekha. I just wanted him to go as he has a small crush on my friend, it seems. He will be happy to meet her" she said trying to placate me.

"Oh! That will be fun to watch" I said enthusiastically.

"Yes great fun. I will send in Radha to help you" said Vasundhara.

I was helped down the stairs by Suraj on one side and a cane for support.

"Where are you going?" It seemed that Rudra was some kind of inquiry commissioner, always on the prowl asking people what they were doing.

"Suraj bhaisa is taking us to Parvati's house for a visit. Lekha got bored so wanted to go too" said Vasundhara.

He looked down towards my foot and then towards Suraj who still held me to support.

"I will take you all. Suraj has to chop some logs for the kitchen"

"But bhaisa... "said Vasundhara and Suraj in unison.

He lifted his hand like a dictator.

"I don't want any more accidents to happen so I am going with you"

"But this time we are not taking the horse but going in the carriage. You need not worry bhaisa. I will come back and chop the logs" said Suraj.

"No problem. I have work with Mukesh I will just come along" said Rudra after a pause. I wondered why he was so persistent.

I felt shocked when he took over my arm from Suraj . I rolled my eyes at that which only Vasundhara saw and started giggling.

I could almost feel him trying to lift me up in the name of giving support.

"I can walk with the help of the cane" I said trying to create space in between.

I saw him frown at that but didn't say anything. He just tightened his hold over me as if he feared I would escape and kept helping me to walk.

He helped me climb the carriage by lifting me up and placing me softly in the carriage.

"Thank you" I said .

"There is no need to thank me, it was my duty" he said without a smile.

Vasundhara climbed behind me all smiles.

"Bhaisa are you going to drive or should I?" asked Suraj.

"I will drive. Don't you worry Suraj" said Rudra.

Suraj gave a big grin and climbed up behind though there was still a space left in the front near Rudra. I saw Rudra frown at that.

"Are you comfortable Lekha" said Suraj."So when will you be back to riding. Pari and me both miss you"

"Suraj sa sooner than you think. With maasa and everyone tending to my foot and me getting bored lying on the bed, I am bound to get well faster" I laughed.