Two Weeks

(A/N: Hey guys!! How have all of y'all been? I am finally back from vacation and writing again. I hope you like this because I really enjoyed writing it! Anyways- I've been working on a project for y'all... *Drum roll* I have recreated the entirety of GMW in sims! If y'all want me to post videos or something of me playing it, comment! I've put a picture of the Matthew's house above. Also- I have some exciting book news coming soon so you should hold on for that. And finally- I want to dedicate this story to @MsHarte_Slythindork because she's awesome. Sorry for the long message. Enjoy!!)

    She was only gone for two weeks. An art school in Paris offered her a couple weeks of training under some of the best artists in the country, and he couldn't be happier for her when she told him the news. But part of him knew, even six months out when she got the letter, that he was going to miss her like nothing else.

    He remembers the day she left. He let her pick the music on the ride over and she was ecstatic. Some weird mix of Halsey and Selena Gomez and yes, Carrie Underwood. Whatever it was the playlist she played has been on repeat since she stepped into the airport lobby. He remembers kissing her like she was going off to war and her constant reminders that I'll be back in two weeks Lucas and would you please pull yourself together and don't forget to go outside and remember to take pictures of my sky because I need to know how my New York is, even when I'm halfway across the world. He rode home in silence.

    Zay and Farkle spent the next six hours trying to get him out of his room to go to dinner with them, and Riley eventually had to come and dump a pitcher of water on his head because it's only two weeks Lucas pull yourself together and please for the love of all that is good stop being a class A drama queen. He went - reluctantly he might add. And he didn't have fun. He just wanted Maya back. Because he misses her. Gosh he misses her.

    Three days into the first week it took Farkle, Zay, Riley - and yes, they called Cory to literally pull him out from the covers and oh my gosh Lucas when was the last time you took a shower?

    Zay had known Lucas all his life and never once saw him in a condition like this. It was a high school girlfriend for goodness sakes. She'll be back in four days can you not put on some clothes other than the ones you sleep in and actually go out with us we're fun too darn it. (Little did Zay or Farkle or even Riley know that Lucas would act the same way when his now fiancee would leave to go paint with some of the most prestigious artists in Madrid almost ten years later.)

    Lucas eventually went out to get them off his back because he was sick and tired of the complaining. But he insisted on going to a movie because it wasn't like he was going to talk to them. And he was just the worst. But at least he was out and showered and fed.

    The only sun he saw was to take pictures of Maya's New York sky.

    Day five and Lucas just had to had to had to go to the park because Maya was itching for a picture of her bench to paint because she needed some real inspiration.

    Day nine was just plain sad in Farkle's eyes because he was the one who watched Lucas put on a clean shirt and do his hair and make his bed just so that he (and his room but why would I care about that Farkle?) would look good for Maya when they chatted on Skype. And Farkle needed to leave about two minutes into the conversation because Lucas wouldn't stop looking at the computer like he was going to cry and Maya wouldn't stop talking about how much she missed him like look around you're in the most beautiful city on earth get off the computer and go adventure.

    Day ten was a turn around. Maya must've gotten Riley's super long (and beautifully worded if Farkle and Zay could say anything) text message about how Lucas was just the worst to deal with and would she please please please fix him. He offered to take them all to the mall and he would buy them all soft pretzels in apologies of his rotten attitude lately. And the gang appreciated his gesture - they really did. But he won their pity the minute they saw him standing there because he had just gotten off the phone with Maya and he really loves her.

    Day thirteen was panic. Lucas got a text from Maya saying the plane she was supposed to be on was going to be delayed for 24 hours and he would have to wait until the following afternoon to pick her up. It was code red in the remaining friends' lives because Lucas was on borderline tears in the middle of the Knicks game Riley had won some tickets to. But they calmed him down and Riley called Maya and everything was going to be okay because 24 hours and then she would be back and she wouldn't leave his side she swore.

    And no one in the entire group who went the next day to pick up Maya had ever seen Lucas so happy, excited, and nervous all at once. He was pacing the waiting section and would stop to take a shaky breath before pulling out his phone or checking the arrivals and departures board. And Riley finally suggested that yes - while Maya would want to see all of them including the entire Matthews family, the other boys, her mom and Shawn, her, and even Lucas' mom - bouncing Lucas and anxious Maya would want to see each other first and so she led the group of her best friend's' welcomers back a couple of feet to the end of the waiting room when she heard the announcement that the plane had landed. And no one had ever seen anyone so enamored with another human as Lucas was with Maya so they agreed and followed the spunky brunette, believing every word she said about the blonde best friend.

    Riley knew she made the right call when she was able to watch - and record - the homecoming of all homecomings. Never had she seen her best friend so happy and in love. Never. This was the stuff of movies, she thought. Maya dropped her bag and jumped - actually jumped - into his arms where he engulfed her without a second thought. And wait a second - were those tears she was wiping from his eyes? She was only gone for two weeks she thinks aloud and Farkle and Zay nod their agreement. But they couldn't be happier for their two friends when Lucas leaned down to kiss her because screw it who cares who was watching he loved her and missed her and she was going to know gosh darn it.

    And the three friends didn't care so much today if Lucas wouldn't leave her side and if he wouldn't take his arm off her waist or she wouldn't stop with the hand holding because they had all gone to a very dark side with them separated and they never wanted that again. So if he kissed her out of the blue in her 'welcome back' party in the after-hours Topanga's, that was okay. Because she was gone two weeks too long.