Sleepy Future

It was the night after their freshman college finals were finished and they both decided to just stay at home and do nothing. It was one in the morning and reruns of Friends were flashing on the TV. The sound was on, but low enough that it wouldn't be heard if you weren't listening for it. The lights were off and Lucas' apartment was silent. He was laying on his back on the couch. He felt something move and looked down at his chest. Maya was laying on top of him on her stomach, cheek on his chest. He was rubbing her back with one hand, holding her left hand with his other. Her breathing was slow, but her eyes were open slightly, watching Monica and Chandler's wedding.

Suddenly Lucas starts talking. "What do you think our future will be like?"

"What?" Maya asked, turning to him and putting her chin on his chest to look him in the eyes.

"I mean our future Maya. Wedding, kids, jobs?" he asks gently, twisting one of her blonde curls around his finger.

"I don't know Lucas, I guess I haven't really thought of it before," she answers honestly.

"That's okay, I was just wondering. Watching the wedding here and all," he says turning his attention back to the screen.

An hour passes. Another episode. Two more. Eventually Maya breaks the silence. "I'm thinking sunflowers everywhere."

"Hmm?" Lucas asked eyes closed, half asleep.

"I want sunflowers everywhere. Wedding party in navy blue. Gray table cloths and I'm going to wear cowgirl boots, just for you."

Lucas smiles. "Whatever makes you happy baby girl," he says kissing the crown of her head. Maya smiles.

"We'll honeymoon to Paris. And we will have two kids. A boy named Dallas and a girl named Katie. A big yellow house with pretty window boxes and white shutters."

Lucas sits up a little and smiles wider. "You're getting really excited about this aren't you?"

Maya smiles and nods her head. She leans her head up and kisses him. "I am, Lucas. I really am." He smiles and puts his arms around her in a tight hug. Maya takes a deep breath in and out. "I love you Lucas," she says before she falls asleep.

Lucas brings her even closer if that's possible. "I love you too Maya. Good night short stack," he says kissing the top of her head and turning off the TV.

(A/N: a short little story for you guys! Hope y'all like it! Question, if me and a friend were to start a YouTube channel (about hair and makeup and reviews and random tags and stuff) would y'all watch? We'd start with a Sabrina Carpenter themed month in potentially February or March? Let me know in the comments if you'd watch or if you have ideas!! Also, how do y'all feel about me starting a full length story around Maya and Lucas? Any ideas or do you want me to stick to oneshots? Sorry that was a lot! :) As always, thank y'all for the support and for reading and if you have any requests, feel free to leave me a comment or a message! Thank y'all again!)